DNC Debates, Round 2 - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: DNC Debates, Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    It's equally amazing that people fall for it.

Those bot programmers are clever, but not there yet. Give them another cycle and the posts will be different enough from one another that a simple search won't find them, yet the same distorted messages will be delivered...
    They could do it right now. But the cost benefit isn’t there. The people who need to see this type of manipulation pointed out would rather wallow in the security provided by an anonymous person on the internet reaffirming their “sincerely held religious belief” that DJT is delivered to America to save us from the browns and people without a wiener.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    We're going to have insurance for everybody, there was a philosophy in some circles that if you can't pay for it, you don't get it. That's not going to happen with us.They can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better. Source
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan. Source
    Can you guess which quote branded a president as a habitual liar?

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I think people tend to forget that. He lost the popular vote by 3 million and scraped by with 77K votes in just the right places. Normally, incumbency vastly helps a president. In this case, with his abysmal ratings, I think it will work in reverse - if the Democrats come up with a decent candidate...
    I wish a third party could come up with a legitimate candidate.

"Clowns to the left of me,
    Jokers to the right, here I am,"

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by dayhiker View Post
    I wish a third party could come up with a legitimate candidate.

"Clowns to the left of me,
    Jokers to the right, here I am,"
    I'm afraid that guarantees a Trump victory...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

I'm afraid that guarantees a Trump victory...
    I also wish someone who wasn't at the far end of their particular party could survive the primaries.

My third party comment doesn't apply solely to this election. I guess this will be the third one in a row where I vote third party.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dayhiker View Post
    I also wish someone who wasn't at the far end of their particular party could survive the primaries.

My third party comment doesn't apply solely to this election. I guess this will be the third one in a row where I vote third party.
    I did too, but now I'm all about getting rid of Trump before it's too late...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I don't know who is worse: Bret Stephens or David Brooks or the New York Times for employing them both. But you know the terrible LIBERAL media with their LEFTIST agendas and what not.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I don't know who is worse: Bret Stephens or David Brooks or the New York Times for employing them both. But you know the terrible LIBERAL media with their LEFTIST agendas and what not.
    Thing is, Brooks is absolutely right. I think the Democrats have already lost and we have Trump for another four years as a result...

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

I have finished the book House of Trump, House of Putin: The Untold Story of Donald Trump and the Russian Mafia by Craig Unger. I'm going to read it again.

The importance of this book cannot be overstated. It's not just about how deeply involved Trump is with the Russians (they own him), but also exposes Vladimir Putin's plot to destroy Western alliances and how he is succeeding. For example the Russians agreed to help the Syrians by attacking Isis but killed so many civilians that it caused the mass exodus. He then finances right wing organizations who are against immigration in European countries to cause unrest in these countries.

Putin uses the Russian mafia to get kompromat, compromising material of a sexual nature or payoffs to blackmail leaders of east European countries. Louis Freeh, former director of the FBI has purchased a $10 million home close to Mar-a-lago. It's possible the Russians own several senators and representatives. Among those listed was Mitch McConnell. Trump Tower has been a base of operations for the Russian Mafia since it was built. It is mind blowing what is happening and a lot of it is going unnoticed.

Like Earle, I implore you to read this book. It is jam packed with stunning information.

BamaNation All-SEC

Thing is, Brooks is absolutely right. I think the Democrats have already lost and we have Trump for another four years as a result...
    In Brazil the wealth of the country has been drained by corrupt politicians at every level of government. The tax structure is so intrusive that it would fund expansive social and infrastructure programs. None of that exist however, as the majority of the wealth is skimmed off and sits in many private off-shore accounts. This is the model that Trump and his ilk envision see for the US.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

I regrettably agree.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner