DNC Debates, Round 2

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Is Warren far enough left for you? Just curious...
She would be the most progressive president since FDR in all likelihood. I doubt her ability to push the things that I think will have the most appreciable benefit to the masses and create a devoted electorate to progressive politics. She's an econ/financial wonk at the end of the day and while those reforms are important their affects are long to be felt by the average person (and they won't realize it when they feel it). Plus they can be easily undone if you don't create the progressive policy stickiness with direct effect to the average person.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think the two most important things for the next president to accomplish in their first four years: single-payer healthcare and higher education reform + broad student loan forgiveness. It is telling the REALTORS is coming out in favor of student loan reform/forgiveness. They realize their whole market is heavily curtailed by the sheer weight of education debt with their upcoming major customer base. This will affect construction and other home-ownership proximate industries eventually too.

These directly affect people and will make an immediate appreciable impact on individual well-being and wealth accumulation. You give the people these changes and you will create a voting bloc that will allow the higher order nuanced issues to get pushed through too. The only thing that they may want to push before those two things - whoever the president may be - is congressional reformation of the federal court systems. Term limits to bound the repercussions of appointments. Maybe even expansion of the Supreme Court to stuff the courts and assure a favorable ruling on social welfare reforms getting challenged.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
And them Antifers got them quick-dry cement milkshakes. I heard it on my AM radio station!
It would be comic, if it weren't so damned stupid. Why would anyone go to the trouble to mix a weak acid like that with wax. If you're going to get serious, use something like HCL? And how are you going to apply it? With a spatula? Some people will believe virtually anything...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It would be comic, if it weren't so damned stupid. Why would anyone go to the trouble to mix a weak acid like that with wax. If you're going to get serious, use something like HCL? And how are you going to apply it? With a spatula? Some people will believe virtually anything...
it is somewhat disturbing to watch this kind of stupidity happen in real time. especially the eagerness with which it is promoted.

a really sad/scary part is these white nationalist terrorist groups have a lot of fellow travelers in law enforcement.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Kamala Harris Ties Warren For Third Place In Post-Debate Poll

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...th-warren-2020-primary-third-post-debate-poll

Harris now polls at 12 percent, up 6 points from the previous week. This puts her in third place alongside Sen. Elizabeth Warren, who also polled at 12 percent, a 1 percent dip compared the previous week (a change within Morning Consult’s margin of error). Warren and Harris are behind Sen. Bernie Sanders, whose support stands at 19 percent.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
She's not my first choice but she is definitely someone I can get behind. She probably has the highest ceiling of support.

I think Pete would make a good VP for her.
She's also not in my top 3.

But, if I were to create a ticket in a laboratory that had the potential to activate as much support as possible, it would include Harris and Buttigieg (in either arrangement). They complement each other very well.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
She's not my first choice but she is definitely someone I can get behind. She probably has the highest ceiling of support.

I think Pete would make a good VP for her.
I love this post.

Harris is too far left for me, but people like us are going to have to meetin the middle to get rid of Trump. At this point in time I could support a Harris/Buttigieg ticket. They can oust DT. And I think that’s what the final ticket will be.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.