Tua Tagovailoa misses Manning Passing Academy with minor injury - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Tua Tagovailoa misses Manning Passing Academy with minor injury

True ... when I saw Cecil's comments that confirmed to me it was nothing major. Most athletes have stuff thats nagging, whether its minor or not so its kinda par for the course. He'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    I wish he would learn to use that skill less often -- sometimes just run out of bounds.....or throw it away. Save your body....
    I always marveled at Hurts' ability to do just that. He just never took that massive hit - he'd glide OOB just in time, or shift so it was a glancing blow at worst.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I always marveled at Hurts' ability to do just that. He just never took that massive hit - he'd glide OOB just in time, or shift so it was a glancing blow at worst.
    Watson seemed to be pretty good at that as well. And Kyler Murray.

RGIII was terrible at that and well...

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Now that he's playing in the Big 12 the team managers won't even have to wash his uniform after games.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

I reckon some players are just more injury prone than others & I hope it's not an indication of things to come this coming season..But..It makes you appreciate Coach Saban's relentless recruiting at all positions that much more..Cause even though they lack college experience..We have some mighty good young guns waiting for their number to be called up for action..

BamaNation All-American Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Now that he's playing in the Big 12 the team managers won't even have to wash his uniform after games.
    You mean the 7 on 7 league?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by kyallie View Post
    They'll go low every chance they get, SMH.
    Ohhhh…...yeah.

BamaNation All-SEC

This is not welcome news. It does not bode well for this season, but even more for Tua's future in the NFL. The NFL scouts are watching.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

I understand the concern, but last year showed us that Alabama is not going to win a championship just because you have Tua. If you have an elite defense this year, you will win it all, even if Tua is as limited as he was last year.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by TRU View Post
    This is not welcome news. It does not bode well for this season, but even more for Tua's future in the NFL. The NFL scouts are watching.
    Setting aside Tua's appearing to be injury prone for a moment I believe there is a point where running the stadium and hitting the weight room every day has diminishing returns from an injury standpoint. With my very limited knowledge of bio-mechanics and nutrition I tend to believe that there are a number of open questions about the number and types of injuries that Alabama has experienced over the last several years.

This is a slight hamstring injury so I am thinking we might be making a bigger deal out of this than it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Con View Post
    This is a slight hamstring injury so I am thinking we might be making a bigger deal out of this than it really is.
    I don't think anyone is making a big deal out of this injury - we're just commenting on the quantity of injuries he's had compared to our other recent QBs. He's injured a lot, you cannot deny that. And while this injury may be mild, were I a betting man I'd put money on his being injured sometimes during the 2019 season rather this his going through the season uninjured, based on his time at Bama.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Con View Post
    It is not this incident, but the overall pattern that is worrisome. But BIGTide is right. It is defense that wins championships. Alabama has won several NCs with great defense and "game manager" QBs. If this year's defense is great, Bama will roll.