Clemsonís boosters have reportedly raised nearly $360 million the past six years - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 41
  1. #14
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    102

    Re: Clemsonís boosters have reportedly raised nearly $360 million the past six years

    Nick Saban has always earned hie salary. Period.

  2. #15
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    18,976

    Re: Clemsonís boosters have reportedly raised nearly $360 million the past six years

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    So Nick Saban is responsible for the increase in total revenues of approximately $112,000,000 since 2005. Good lord and people complain about the man's salary. LOL! He get's less than 10% of the increased revenue he's directly responsible for. We got a steal....errr I mean a deal!!! LOL!
    He's a big part of it was Slive's ability to act in the interest of the member schools. SECN and the CBS+ESPN content rights contracts have exploded over that same time period. Chicken and egg argument. No doubt Saban has helped the conference at the negotiation table.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

  3. #16
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    106

    Re: Clemsonís boosters have reportedly raised nearly $360 million the past six years

    Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    He's a big part of it was Slive's ability to act in the interest of the member schools. SECN and the CBS+ESPN content rights contracts have exploded over that same time period. Chicken and egg argument. No doubt Saban has helped the conference at the negotiation table.
    They don't say what the "Other" column relates to but I would assume conference allocated revenue and that's a lot of do-re-mi.

  4. #17
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    18,976

    Re: Clemsonís boosters have reportedly raised nearly $360 million the past six years

    I think rights/licensing is where they'd likely account for the TV contract money plus licensed apparel sales. The other category is probably related to advertising revenue for billboards and such if I had to guess.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

  5. #18
    Super Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    39,309

    Re: Clemsonís boosters have reportedly raised nearly $360 million the past six years

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    How could it? Revenues run through the Athletic Department and Contributions are made to the University. Typically, Revenues are reported by the Athletic Departments.

    At any rate, you did not provide links to show what you were basing your statements on...
    Thatís not true.

    I can make a donation to the school as well as a donation the Crimson Tide foundation.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  6. #19
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Beautiful Cullman, AL
    Posts
    18,097

    Re: Clemsonís boosters have reportedly raised nearly $360 million the past six years

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I just know they have a ton of rich fans and we have a ton of broke fans because everywhere we play them we are vastly outnumbered or drawing 50-50 crowds.
    I could buy the argument that our fan base has exhausted a lot of funds following the Tide around the post season over the last decade. Clemson's fan base is still relatively new to this although it has been 4 years in a row for them at this point.

    I just know there was a time that Alabama dominated any crowd split. But when you are at the top for over a decade, and these trips are so expensive to begin with, fatigue is bound to set in.

  7. #20
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,485

    Re: Clemsonís boosters have reportedly raised nearly $360 million the past six years

    Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    I could buy the argument that our fan base has exhausted a lot of funds following the Tide around the post season over the last decade. Clemson's fan base is still relatively new to this although it has been 4 years in a row for them at this point.

    I just know there was a time that Alabama dominated any crowd split. But when you are at the top for over a decade, and these trips are so expensive to begin with, fatigue is bound to set in.
    The Sugar Bowl was close to a 50-50 split maybe slightly one way or the other, but all 3 NC games we were outnumbered by a great margin. I honestly think in the Saban run we have only outnumbered the opposing team once in a NC.

    But I think most of our traveling fans are broke and thatís why Clemson is killing us worse than ND did in the stands.

  8. #21
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Beautiful Cullman, AL
    Posts
    18,097

    Re: Clemsonís boosters have reportedly raised nearly $360 million the past six years

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    The Sugar Bowl was close to a 50-50 split maybe slightly one way or the other, but all 3 NC games we were outnumbered by a great margin. I honestly think in the Saban run we have only outnumbered the opposing team once in a NC.

    But I think most of our traveling fans are broke and that’s why Clemson is killing us worse than ND did in the stands.
    I could have sworn we outnumbered Notre Dame in Miami.

  9. #22
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    109

    Re: Clemsonís boosters have reportedly raised nearly $360 million the past six years

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    The Sugar Bowl was close to a 50-50 split maybe slightly one way or the other, but all 3 NC games we were outnumbered by a great margin. I honestly think in the Saban run we have only outnumbered the opposing team once in a NC.

    But I think most of our traveling fans are broke and that’s why Clemson is killing us worse than ND did in the stands.
    I don't buy this at all... I think this can pretty much be chalked up to excitement on their side as they are in an upswing, similar to where we were in 2009-12, and the complacency that comes from being in big games as often as we have the past ten years.

  10. #23
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,485

    Re: Clemsonís boosters have reportedly raised nearly $360 million the past six years

    Quote Originally Posted by XXIII View Post
    I don't buy this at all... I think this can pretty much be chalked up to excitement on their side as they are in an upswing, similar to where we were in 2009-12, and the complacency that comes from being in big games as often as we have the past ten years.
    Lol so you donít think a national championship or a playoff game in a vacation city isnít exciting? I donít buy the lack of fan excitement on this subject at all

  11. #24
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,485

    Re: Clemsonís boosters have reportedly raised nearly $360 million the past six years

    Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    I could have sworn we outnumbered Notre Dame in Miami.
    Most everyone that I know who went said it was about 70-30 Notre Dame.

  12. #25
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,787

    Re: Clemsonís boosters have reportedly raised nearly $360 million the past six years

    So I guess lil ol Clemsum is still lil ol Clemsum

  13. #26
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,314

    Re: Clemsonís boosters have reportedly raised nearly $360 million the past six years

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    That’s not true.

    I can make a donation to the school as well as a donation the Crimson Tide foundation.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are correct, but the donations/contributions were not clarified as being to the Athletic Department prior to my response...

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear