Clemson’s boosters have reportedly raised nearly $360 million the past six years
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Louisville Kentucky, via Birmingham Alabama

Clemson’s boosters have reportedly raised nearly $360 million the past six years

mamacita, that's a lot of bread!

In 2019, Clemson could take the final step to becoming an indisputable dynasty. Clemson would not have reached this peak without the thrust of IPTAY. According to IPTAY CEO Davis Babb, the organization raised approximately $360 million through the past six years.

BamaNation First Team

Re: Clemson’s boosters have reportedly raised nearly $360 million the past six years

Well I guess that explains the success of their 2020 class!

BamaNation First Team bvandegraff's Avatar

Re: Clemson’s boosters have reportedly raised nearly $360 million the past six years

That'll buy a lot of ostarine!

BamaNation Second Team

Well, they better raise a lot more than $360 million over 6 years if they're planning on money producing a "dynasty".

I don't know if the 2017-2018 revenue numbers reported to the NCAA have been tabulated, which includes contributions, for everybody but according to the 2016-2017 revenue numbers Clemson's not even in the top 25.

#1 Texas at $214.8
    #2 Texas A&M at $211.9
    #3 Ohio State at $185.4
    #4 Michigan at $185.17
    #5 Alabama at $174.3

Clemson rings in at #26 behind the University of Minnesota at $112.6. Five of the top 10 are SEC schools with #6 Georgia, #8 Florida, #9 LSU, #10 Auburn. Tennessee comes in at #11.

Over the last 5 years only Alabama and Ohio State can lay claim to top 10 rankings and over the last 10 only Alabama's made the top 10 every year.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by EnterBama View Post
    Well, they better raise a lot more than $360 million over 6 years if they're planning on money producing a "dynasty".

I don't know if the 2017-2018 revenue numbers reported to the NCAA have been tabulated, which includes contributions, for everybody but according to the 2016-2017 revenue numbers Clemson's not even in the top 25.

#1 Texas at $214.8
    #2 Texas A&M at $211.9
    #3 Ohio State at $185.4
    #4 Michigan at $185.17
    #5 Alabama at $174.3

Clemson rings in at #26 behind the University of Minnesota at $112.6. Five of the top 10 are SEC schools with #6 Georgia, #8 Florida, #9 LSU, #10 Auburn. Tennessee comes in at #11.

Over the last 5 years only Alabama and Ohio State can lay claim to top 10 rankings and over the last 10 only Alabama's made the top 10 every year.
    Revenue and contributions are entirely different...

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

I just know they have a ton of rich fans and we have a ton of broke fans because everywhere we play them we are vastly outnumbered or drawing 50-50 crowds.

Southern Adirondack mountains of upstate NY

that is alot of 2 dollar bills with paw prints on them.....................

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    Revenue and contributions are entirely different...
    Revenue INCLUDES contributions. I thought I made that clear.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

That buys a lot of "vitamin supplements"
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by EnterBama View Post
    Revenue INCLUDES contributions. I thought I made that clear.
    How could it? Revenues run through the Athletic Department and Contributions are made to the University. Typically, Revenues are reported by the Athletic Departments.

At any rate, you did not provide links to show what you were basing your statements on...
    Last edited by NoNC4Tubs; June 30th, 2019 at 07:03 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    Well I guess that explains the success of their 2020 class!
    And guys hanging around for that final year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    How could it? Revenues run through the Athletic Department and Contributions are made to the University. Typically, Revenues are reported by the Athletic Departments.

At any rate, you did not provide links to show what you were basing your statements on...
    Well, here's a link to the report: https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/ and here's a screen shot of Alabama's details:
    Name:  alabama-rev.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  78.0 KB

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

So Nick Saban is responsible for the increase in total revenues of approximately $112,000,000 since 2005. Good lord and people complain about the man's salary. LOL! He get's less than 10% of the increased revenue he's directly responsible for. We got a steal....errr I mean a deal!!! LOL!
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon