In an astonishing turn, George Soros and Charles Koch team up to end US ‘forever war’

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This is awesome.

In one of the most remarkable partnerships in modern American political history, Soros and Charles Koch, the more active of the two brothers, are joining to finance a new foreign-policy think tank in Washington. It will promote an approach to the world based on diplomacy and restraint rather than threats, sanctions, and bombing. This is a radical notion in Washington, where every major think tank promotes some variant of neocon militarism or liberal interventionism. Soros and Koch are uniting to revive the fading vision of a peaceable United States. The street cred they bring from both ends of the political spectrum — along with the money they are providing — will make this new think tank an off-pitch voice for statesmanship amid a Washington chorus that promotes brinksmanship.
In an astonishing turn, George Soros and Charles Koch team up to end US ‘forever war’ policy

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I am very happy to see competing ideologies come together for something like this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
In concrete terms, this means the Quincy Institute will likely advocate a withdrawal of American troops from Afghanistan and Syria; a return to the nuclear deal with Iran; less confrontational approaches to Russia and China; an end to regime-change campaigns against Venezuela and Cuba; and sharp reductions in the defense budget.

I love everything they are trying to accomplish. I certainly hope it works.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Part of me is looking for the catch.

Part of me is suspicious that this can be successful given that war is far more profitable than its absence.

Part of me finds it reasonable that, once the uber rich get afraid the masses will eat them, they start looking for ways to keep their wealth and heads.

Part of me doesn't really give a damn and just hopes they're successful.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
...Part of me finds it reasonable that, once the uber rich get afraid the masses will eat them, they start looking for ways to keep their wealth and heads...
I find this statement particularly ironic, given your political leanings regarding firearms.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Part of me doesn't really give a damn and just hopes they're successful.
This is pretty much where all of me is at this point.

The US has been at war in some way or another for decades - it has to stop. How many bridges weren't built, how many kids weren't educated as well as they might have been, how many tax dollars were flat-out wasted by using billions (and trillions) to wage war against people who never attacked us?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
This is pretty much where all of me is at this point.

The US has been at war in some way or another for decades - it has to stop. How many bridges weren't built, how many kids weren't educated as well as they might have been, how many tax dollars were flat-out wasted by using billions (and trillions) to wage war against people who never attacked us?
not to mention the massive fortunes accumulated by a relatively few folks

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
not to mention the massive fortunes accumulated by a relatively few folks
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter with a half-million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. . . . This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter with a half-million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. . . . This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron.
What is this from?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.