The policy of liberalism..,,,

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Cancelling the shoe was really stupid. I support his right to protest, but he doesn’t need to be their marketing consultant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I won't be buying nike anymore either.
It probably won't make a difference to them but I'll sleep better at night.
The PC crap has to stop somewhere. Put the shoes out there and if you don't like them or the idea/symbol behind it don't buy them. Let that be your protest.
As for nike, way to go with letting one individual call the shots for you like that.
CK, if you hate it so much here, you have enough greenbacks from here to be able to leave and go somewhere where you think you'll be happier. We won't hold you here if you don't want to be here.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I won't be buying nike anymore either.
It probably won't make a difference to them but I'll sleep better at night.
The PC crap has to stop somewhere. Put the shoes out there and if you don't like them or the idea/symbol behind it don't buy them. Let that be your protest.
As for nike, way to go with letting one individual call the shots for you like that.
CK, if you hate it so much here, you have enough greenbacks from here to be able to leave and go somewhere where you think you'll be happier. We won't hold you here if you don't want to be here.
I realize I'm unlikely to make a difference, but since when did complaining or bringing attention to a problem as you perceive it mean that one hates it here or doesn't want to be here? I mean, if you don't like CK's or Nike's actions you could leave as well, assuming you hate their ability to exercise their rights so much. I don't even know what all the hubbub is about and don't really care about the latest distraction from the real problems and cause for faux outrage and division in the circus they call news these days. It just seems we, as a people, have become quite shallow. We are quick to dismiss others instead of listening. And we are far to quick to pull out the "go back where you came from" or "if you don't like it, leave" malarky. And aren't you being a little PC, telling others what and how to say something? Ever think about that? Or is that a one way street?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Found this interesting watch awhile back about "Woke Brands" on youtube by user hbomberguy. I won't directly link it due to language but I think his hypothesis may apply here. Nike is doing this because it will actually drive more sales.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Am I the only one that doesn’t agree with the title of this thread based on the content in this thread? Shouldn’t it be “ the politics of consumerism” or “ politics in the American market”? I don’t see liberalism at all in this thread....

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Am I the only one that doesn’t agree with the title of this thread based on the content in this thread? Shouldn’t it be “ the policy of consumerism” or “ politics in the American market”? I don’t see liberalism at all in this thread.
I spoke to that when I commented above that it would be refreshing if people really knew what the term meant, which few do...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I spoke to that when I commented above that it would be refreshing if people really knew what the term meant, which few do...
I think the OP meant “the policy of Leftism” or “the policy of the left” instead of liberalism. But it’s inaccurate to use liberalism unless you are saying “it’s Nike’s FREEDOM to have a political opinion on their product without the fear of consequence from the State as long as it doesn’t infringe on someone else’s freedoms”.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think the OP meant “the policy of Leftism” or “the policy of the left” instead of liberalism. But it’s inaccurate to use liberalism unless you are saying “it’s Nike’s FREEDOM to have a political opinion on their product without the fear of consequence from the State as long as it doesn’t infringe on someone else’s freedoms”.
Sorry, but it now means that you have to believe that two human cells, once conjoined, cannot be separated without murder. That, and other religious stuff...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Sorry, but it now means that you have to believe that two human cells, once conjoined, cannot be separated without murder. That, and other religious stuff...
Funny how life, liberty, and property ( happiness) is not as important as what Adam and Steve are doing next door, what a qb does peacefully, and what Jane does with her body 241 years later.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The policy of the left almost certainly wouldn't involve corporations coopting identity or culture for their corporate gain. I dunno what this has to do with actual politics beyond a general critique of late-stage capitalism.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Am I the only one that doesn’t agree with the title of this thread based on the content in this thread? Shouldn’t it be “ the politics of consumerism” or “ politics in the American market”? I don’t see liberalism at all in this thread....
I wonder, if we made a real policy of liberalism thread would it focus on real liberal policies or a liberal figurehead? Alot of people have picked out Trump as the conservative figurehead ( though I queStions why) so who would we single out as the liberal counterpart?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.