The policy of liberalism..,,,

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I wonder, if we made a real policy of liberalism thread would it focus on real liberal policies or a liberal figurehead? Alot of people have picked out Trump as the conservative figurehead ( though I queStions why) so who would we single out as the liberal counterpart?
continued and sustained 90ish% approval by the gop/evangelicals (conservative voters) could be one reason.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The policy of the left almost certainly wouldn't involve corporations coopting identity or culture for their corporate gain. I dunno what this has to do with actual politics beyond a general critique of late-stage capitalism.
This thread title was more meant to mock the thread title “ the policy of trumpism”. I think we all get what the OP was aiming for in that the Looney left and SJWs are trying to dictate what the message is that left leaning corporations want to send to consumers. So I just offered a more accurate take on the title’s intent, but to be honest it really should be “ Nike cancels Betty Ross Flag shoe because Colon Kapernick said it was racist” ( don’t know if that exceeds the limit but you get the point).

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I wonder, if we made a real policy of liberalism thread would it focus on real liberal policies or a liberal figurehead? Alot of people have picked out Trump as the conservative figurehead ( though I queStions why) so who would we single out as the liberal counterpart?

I think it would mostly be on the topic of “what is a true liberal”. I think it would be an interesting thread as long as someone doesn’t throw a wrench in it early on.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Nike is doing this because it will actually drive more sales.
As a company, Nike has set the standard for advertising - they've done so for decades now.

Anyone who thinks this about ANYTHING other than selling more product isn't paying attention...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i can't wait to see the outrage against disney for casting a black gal as ariel in the little mermaid. maybe another boycott of disney will be in order.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I think it would mostly be on the topic of “what is a true liberal”. I think it would be an interesting thread as long as someone doesn’t throw a wrench in it early on.
Yes but what about the word "policy"? What policies would a liberal push? I do not think we have had a liberal president in a long time. ( I would not call Obama particularly liberal and Clinton was a centrist). Since we do not have a presidential example in recent memory I suppose we could look at states where the legislature is predominantly liberal to decide what the policy of liberalism.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
i can't wait to see the outrage against disney for casting a black gal as ariel in the little mermaid. maybe another boycott of disney will be in order.
I just wish Disney would get Colin Kapernick as a spokesperson or make a stance on the national championship so we can see how far the Trump snowflakes are really willing to take their outrage because suspect it’s going to really put some on this board in a position in which they may really have to drop this false bravado or give up watching 80% of Alabama games to continue their stance.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yes but what about the word "policy"? What policies would a liberal push? I do not think we have had a liberal president in a long time. ( I would not call Obama particularly liberal and Clinton was a centrist). Since we do not have a presidential example in recent memory I suppose we could look at states where the legislature is predominantly liberal to decide what the policy of liberalism.
Jefferson ,Madison , and most of the pre Civil War president would probably fall into the distinction of classical liberals.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I just wish Disney would get Colin Kapernick as a spokesperson or make a stance on the national championship so we can see how far the Trump snowflakes are really willing to take their outrage because suspect it’s going to really put some on this board in a position in which they may really have to drop this false bravado or give up watching 80% of Alabama games to continue their stance.
would we ever see a post telling coach saban to love it or leave it ?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
would we ever see a post telling coach saban to love it or leave it ?
He did endorse Joe Manchin in his Senate race, so he must truly hate America if he supported a lifelong friend who is to the right of probably a large number of Republicans in Congress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Yes but what about the word "policy"? What policies would a liberal push?
One definition of liberalism.
Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on liberty, consent of the governed, and equality before the law.[1][2][3] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but they generally support limited government, individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), capitalism (free markets), democracy, secularism, gender equality, racial equality, internationalism, freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom of religion.
I know we are not supposed to define our terms before debate because that is cheating somehow.

I realize I'm unlikely to make a difference, but since when did complaining or bringing attention to a problem as you perceive it mean that one hates it here or doesn't want to be here? I mean, if you don't like CK's or Nike's actions you could leave as well, assuming you hate their ability to exercise their rights so much. I don't even know what all the hubbub is about and don't really care about the latest distraction from the real problems and cause for faux outrage and division in the circus they call news these days. It just seems we, as a people, have become quite shallow. We are quick to dismiss others instead of listening. And we are far to quick to pull out the "go back where you came from" or "if you don't like it, leave" malarky. And aren't you being a little PC, telling others what and how to say something? Ever think about that? Or is that a one way street?
Just what was CK calling attention to?

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Just asking because of what you said.

My limited knowledge/understanding of what happened is this: CK raised objection to a Nike shoe with a 13 star flag because some racist groups have supposedly co-opped the symbol. Nike pulled the product. White people went stark raving mad over it.

I don't really see how what he was bringing attention to matters in the context here, except that maybe some have misunderstood him to be against the US itself, most likely propagated by some of those alt right websites with links to the racist groups.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
My next sneaker purchase may be Nikes. If it upsets one snowflake, it will be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My limited knowledge/understanding of what happened is this: CK raised objection to a Nike shoe with a 13 star flag because some racist groups have supposedly co-opped the symbol. Nike pulled the product. White people went stark raving mad over it.

I don't really see how what he was bringing attention to matters in the context here, except that maybe some have misunderstood him to be against the US itself, most likely propagated by some of those alt right websites with links to the racist groups.
Dumb move by both parties involved. But as you said that’s neither here nor there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.