The policy of liberalism..,,, - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Re: The policy of liberalism..,,,

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post

If you look Under Armor has created a nice little niche of clothing with the Armed Forces logos and such and they look pretty nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah and they got in bed with some folks that were stealing from veterans as well.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bama2112 View Post
    I am done with Nike. Our family will be voting with our wallets. . Wish I could remove the swoosh from my Bama gear.
    Whatevs. I don't buy Nike because their shoes suck.
    #NewBalance608sforEVAH
    This is the darkest timeline.

I quit buying Nike long before Elin took a 9 iron to tiger.

I won't be buying nike anymore either.
    It probably won't make a difference to them but I'll sleep better at night.
    The PC crap has to stop somewhere. Put the shoes out there and if you don't like them or the idea/symbol behind it don't buy them. Let that be your protest.
    As for nike, way to go with letting one individual call the shots for you like that.
    CK, if you hate it so much here, you have enough greenbacks from here to be able to leave and go somewhere where you think you'll be happier. We won't hold you here if you don't want to be here.
    Formerly known as BamaInCummingGa

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInMo1 View Post
    I won't be buying nike anymore either.
    It probably won't make a difference to them but I'll sleep better at night.
    The PC crap has to stop somewhere. Put the shoes out there and if you don't like them or the idea/symbol behind it don't buy them. Let that be your protest.
    As for nike, way to go with letting one individual call the shots for you like that.
    CK, if you hate it so much here, you have enough greenbacks from here to be able to leave and go somewhere where you think you'll be happier. We won't hold you here if you don't want to be here.
    I realize I'm unlikely to make a difference, but since when did complaining or bringing attention to a problem as you perceive it mean that one hates it here or doesn't want to be here? I mean, if you don't like CK's or Nike's actions you could leave as well, assuming you hate their ability to exercise their rights so much. I don't even know what all the hubbub is about and don't really care about the latest distraction from the real problems and cause for faux outrage and division in the circus they call news these days. It just seems we, as a people, have become quite shallow. We are quick to dismiss others instead of listening. And we are far to quick to pull out the "go back where you came from" or "if you don't like it, leave" malarky. And aren't you being a little PC, telling others what and how to say something? Ever think about that? Or is that a one way street?
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Found this interesting watch awhile back about "Woke Brands" on youtube by user hbomberguy. I won't directly link it due to language but I think his hypothesis may apply here. Nike is doing this because it will actually drive more sales.
    Last edited by rgw; July 5th, 2019 at 12:59 AM.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Found this interesting watch awhile back about "Woke Brands" on youtube by user hbomberguy. I won't directly link it due to language but I think his hypothesis may apply here. Nike is doing this because it will actually drive more sales.
    Oh, almost certainly. Free publicity.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Am I the only one that doesn’t agree with the title of this thread based on the content in this thread? Shouldn’t it be “ the politics of consumerism” or “ politics in the American market”? I don’t see liberalism at all in this thread....
    Last edited by 81usaf92; July 5th, 2019 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Am I the only one that doesn’t agree with the title of this thread based on the content in this thread? Shouldn’t it be “ the policy of consumerism” or “ politics in the American market”? I don’t see liberalism at all in this thread.
    I spoke to that when I commented above that it would be refreshing if people really knew what the term meant, which few do...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I spoke to that when I commented above that it would be refreshing if people really knew what the term meant, which few do...
    I think the OP meant “the policy of Leftism” or “the policy of the left” instead of liberalism. But it’s inaccurate to use liberalism unless you are saying “it’s Nike’s FREEDOM to have a political opinion on their product without the fear of consequence from the State as long as it doesn’t infringe on someone else’s freedoms”.

I think the OP meant “the policy of Leftism” or “the policy of the left” instead of liberalism. But it’s inaccurate to use liberalism unless you are saying “it’s Nike’s FREEDOM to have a political opinion on their product without the fear of consequence from the State as long as it doesn’t infringe on someone else’s freedoms”.
    Sorry, but it now means that you have to believe that two human cells, once conjoined, cannot be separated without murder. That, and other religious stuff...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Sorry, but it now means that you have to believe that two human cells, once conjoined, cannot be separated without murder. That, and other religious stuff...
    Funny how life, liberty, and property ( happiness) is not as important as what Adam and Steve are doing next door, what a qb does peacefully, and what Jane does with her body 241 years later.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; July 5th, 2019 at 04:46 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

The policy of the left almost certainly wouldn't involve corporations coopting identity or culture for their corporate gain. I dunno what this has to do with actual politics beyond a general critique of late-stage capitalism.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!