The policy of liberalism..,,, - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 81
  1. #53
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,795

    Re: The policy of liberalism..,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    One definition of liberalism.

    I know we are not supposed to define our terms before debate because that is cheating somehow.
    I think that is an old definition. Liberals today only agree with half of that.

  2. #54
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,223

    Re: The policy of liberalism..,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i would think shoes would fall under this. but the code is ignored pretty much all of the time wrt clothing, paper plates, etc.
    I wish we were a little stricter on the Flag code



    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

    Hannibal

  3. #55
    Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mountainous Northern California
    Posts
    12,782

    Re: The policy of liberalism..,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Just what was CK calling attention to?


    Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro
    IDK, you tell me. Like I said, haven't paid attention other than this thread. Don't think it really matter in context of this thread.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

    The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

  4. #56
    Suspended JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Posts
    41,685

    Re: The policy of liberalism..,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    IDK, you tell me. Like I said, haven't paid attention other than this thread. Don't think it really matter in context of this thread.
    Just asking because of what you said.


    Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro

  5. #57
    Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mountainous Northern California
    Posts
    12,782

    Re: The policy of liberalism..,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Just asking because of what you said.


    Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro
    My limited knowledge/understanding of what happened is this: CK raised objection to a Nike shoe with a 13 star flag because some racist groups have supposedly co-opped the symbol. Nike pulled the product. White people went stark raving mad over it.

    I don't really see how what he was bringing attention to matters in the context here, except that maybe some have misunderstood him to be against the US itself, most likely propagated by some of those alt right websites with links to the racist groups.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

    The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

  6. #58
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12,020

    Re: The policy of liberalism..,,,

    My next sneaker purchase may be Nikes. If it upsets one snowflake, it will be worth it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #59
    Suspended JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Posts
    41,685

    Re: The policy of liberalism..,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    My limited knowledge/understanding of what happened is this: CK raised objection to a Nike shoe with a 13 star flag because some racist groups have supposedly co-opped the symbol. Nike pulled the product. White people went stark raving mad over it.

    I don't really see how what he was bringing attention to matters in the context here, except that maybe some have misunderstood him to be against the US itself, most likely propagated by some of those alt right websites with links to the racist groups.
    Dumb move by both parties involved. But as you said thatís neither here nor there.


    Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro

  8. #60
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 92tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    East Point, Ga, USA
    Posts
    36,223

    Re: The policy of liberalism..,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I wish we were a little stricter on the Flag code


    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

    - George Orwell

    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

    ó Thomas Pynchon

  9. #61
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,223

    Re: The policy of liberalism..,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    My next sneaker purchase may be Nikes. If it upsets one snowflake, it will be worth it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You know, at first I was more in line with " the stance being in poor taste opinion but to each their own" , but after listening and reflecting on the protest Ive gone the other way more. But the over the top overreactions by the Trumpflakes has pulled me way more on Colin's side.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

    Hannibal

  10. #62
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hooterville, Vir.
    Posts
    16,068

    Re: The policy of liberalism..,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    I think that is an old definition. Liberals today only agree with half of that.
    Maybe, but I would always advise caution when speaking for a group to which I do not belong. Too much of that goes on today.

  11. #63
    Suspended JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Posts
    41,685

    Re: The policy of liberalism..,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    You know, at first I was more in line with " the stance being in poor taste opinion but to each their own" , but after listening and reflecting on the protest Ive gone the other way more. But the over the top overreactions by the Trumpflakes has pulled me way more on Colin's side.
    Wow! Youíd side with a walking hypocrite. To each their own.


    Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro

  12. #64

    Re: The policy of liberalism..,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i can't wait to see the outrage against disney for casting a black gal as ariel in the little mermaid. maybe another boycott of disney will be in order.
    Name:  mermaid.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  84.4 KB
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

  13. #65
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,223

    Re: The policy of liberalism..,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Wow! Youíd side with a walking hypocrite. To each their own.


    Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro
    I hardly, if ever, side with Trump so no I donít side with a walking hypocrite

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear