Video of Coach Oats on court coaching Bama practice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Video of Coach Oats on court coaching Bama practice

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Re: Video of Coach Oats on court coaching Bama practice

Man, I am hooked on Bama Hoops.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Man, I am hooked on Bama Hoops.
    Having a successful, competent coach with a compelling system will do that.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

While nothing spectacular, Fleming makes a sweet move off the rebound around minute 1:18. The big guys are showing promise.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

Cautiously optimistic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR!

A lot of buzz going on right now which is highly unusual this time of year with football just around the corner. Although I think the team will be improved I am not going to set expectations so high as to where I will end up disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside13 View Post
    A lot of buzz going on right now which is highly unusual this time of year with football just around the corner. Although I think the team will be improved I am not going to set expectations so high as to where I will end up disappointed.
    So just an Elite Eight run then?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside13 View Post
    Yeah, shooting quick and missing will give the other team a chance to build a bigger lead. Hopefully the outside shooting and free throw shooting percentages will improve along with a reduction in turnovers per possession.

BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

Cool. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    Yeah, shooting quick and missing will give the other team a chance to build a bigger lead. Hopefully the outside shooting and free throw shooting percentages will improve along with a reduction in turnovers per possession.
    Yea I hear you and that will be an issue during the transition of this program to the one Oats will build. He has built a program before although it be at the highschool level. He has a proven track record and all of us are seeing the buzz he has created for Tide Hoops in just a couple of months. Below is his philosophy in a nutshell from the coach himself taken out of the article I have also linked. This is going to be a full court show:

"The offense is up-tempo with players encouraged to get up a shot in the first seven seconds if it’s open. The defense picks up full-court and looks to wear down opponents. All of it is done with a relentless effort."

https://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...is-season.html
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation All-American

I wasn't thrilled with the outside shooting in the video. Surpise surprise. But we seem very fluid and seamless when we move the ball around which is a major change. Teams that live by the 3 die by the 3 when it isn't going in.

I am very excited about next season, but we need to temper expectations. This in all honesty is probably not a final four team, bu that doesn't mean we are going to bad either. I think somewhere around 20 in regular season and a few in the big dance would be the top end. If we just make the tourney, I'll be happy. I was impressed with Fleming and Hawkins in the video. One thing is his practices is they are high intensity , and high speed. There is very little standing around.
    Last edited by Rama Jama; July 3rd, 2019 at 04:19 PM.

If we make it to the tourney this first year I would say the hire will be overwhelmingly successful.

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation All-SEC

I think if all the guys keep buying in and they play to their potential, that this team will see a lot of success. Best realistic case scenario: second round tourney team. I'm still tempering my expectations but I truly believe that they can do very well this season. Remember they will be tested this season with the out of conference touneys we are participating in and the SEC schedule.

Again, a lot of these are IF but I'm excited to see what this team can happen ... and this isn't even factoring in JQ Smooth playing.