The GOP is turning the 4th of July into an authoritarian fantasy

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
This is the best presidential gaffe ever. The Dems are going to get a ton of mileage out of this, especially in the debates. Looking back, I’m glad they had this 4th celebration. It couldn’t have worked out better.
I'm not sure that I am feeling the same confidence. The impression I got from many people over the weekend was that the 4th of July celebration proved that the Democrats and the MSM are anti-American and they (die-hard Trump supporters or even moderate Republicans) now are even more behind Trump. I worry that the echo chamber of non Trump supporters is starting to falsely reinforce the feeling that he is on the way out.

His support has risen to the highest its been at any point in his presidency.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This is the best presidential gaffe ever. The Dems are going to get a ton of mileage out of this, especially in the debates. Looking back, I’m glad they had this 4th celebration. It couldn’t have worked out better.
I was thinking that poor old Jerry Ford's gaffes weren't, IMO, half as bad. The worst was the remark about the Poles and that was really because he meant to say their spirit was free, even if their bodies were under the yoke of totalitarian communism. As I joked elsewhere, I think his writers are experimenting to see what on earth he really will read, if they put it in front of him. His little brain just doesn't turn over fast enough for him to realize the absurdity of what he's reading...

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I think his popularity will suffer not a bit. His folks love him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I'm not sure that I am feeling the same confidence. The impression I got from many people over the weekend was that the 4th of July celebration proved that the Democrats and the MSM are anti-American and they (die-hard Trump supporters or even moderate Republicans) now are even more behind Trump. I worry that the echo chamber of non Trump supporters is starting to falsely reinforce the feeling that he is on the way out.

His support has risen to the highest its been at any point in his presidency.
You are unfortunately right, he isn't going away regardless of anything Congress or Mueller may divulge. The only hope I see to remove him is that there is a record turnout, a normal turnout, we get him for 4 more years.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.