The GOP is turning the 4th of July into an authoritarian fantasy - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Re: The GOP is turning the 4th of July into an authoritarian fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    The meme game has been strong today regarding the airports - I've seen some hilarious stuff.
    The airport serves some of the most expensive hamberders you'll ever see.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

I liked David Brooks parting thoughts about the celebration. First, he said, this country's narrative has never been about military might, like some other regimes. It's always been about immigration, equal chances and the melting pot. (paraphrasing) This narrative is closed off to Trump, with his attacks on immigrants, so he has to find an alternative and the military is the only thing left. Second, the national parks belong to everyone, as does the national mall. The public was fenced out so high donor Republicans could usurp the public's space. (paraphrasing again) I like it...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    The airport serves some of the most expensive hamberders you'll ever see.
    When I was stranded in Atlanta by ice and snow, I had to depend on Five Guys to live. They were the only thing open...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    When I was stranded in Atlanta by ice and snow, I had to depend on Five Guys to live. They were the only thing open...
    surprisingly enough, there is now a five guys in the mall of dubai.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    surprisingly enough, there is now a five guys in the mall of dubai.
    I was in Paris last month and saw one on the Champs-Élysées. Seemed very out of place.

apparently melanoma thought the main event at the 4th was a wet t-shirt contest. since (i assume) i can't post the actual picture due to site rules, this will have to do

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar

Now I know how the British were beaten in 1776 -- America had an airforce!!! What dimwit statement and that crap about the telestrator stopping is ridiculous. Trump just can't help himself lying all the time and again he has clearly demonstrated his lack of education and intellect.

With Trump's admiration of authoritarian regimes (Putin, Xi, Kim) he and his right wing/altrightists won't be happy until the USA is renamed Gilead and many women are in bondage as handmaidens.
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

Quote Originally Posted by CHATTBRIT View Post
    Now I know how the British were beaten in 1776 -- America had an airforce!!! What dimwit statement and that crap about the telestrator stopping is ridiculous. Trump just can't help himself lying all the time and again he has clearly demonstrated his lack of education and intellect.

With Trump's admiration of authoritarian regimes (Putin, Xi, Kim) he and his right wing/altrightists won't be happy until the USA is renamed Gilead and many women are in bondage as handmaidens.
    we were damn lucky that cornwallis missed his connection at hartsfield-jackson.

- George Orwell

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Name:  66305095_2035381853240244_1754899838731812864_n.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  62.7 KB
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    we were damn lucky that cornwallis missed his connection at hartsfield-jackson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet his writers have a pool as to how dumb they can make it and him still read it...

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I bet his writers have a pool as to how dumb they can make it and him still read it...
    at this point, i am not sure that anyone on his staff are smart enough to do anything like that

- George Orwell

— Thomas Pynchon