Who are your all-time top five Alabama quarterbacks? - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Who are your all-time top five Alabama quarterbacks?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    He was before my time of remembering (although I was alive) but his passing stats look alot like Namath and Kenny's. I know these guys played during times when we didn't throw the ball as much.

Kinda off topic, but I wish there was a way to know how Todd, Namath and Stabler would have integrated into CNS's offense and how, for instance, Jalen could have been effective during the wishbone days.

FWIW, Jalen was 27-2 as a starter and he threw the ball alot compared to the greats of old but that's not why we won with him.
    Todd's passer rating was 146.9 for his college career and I'm guessing for back then before all the passing took over, that was pretty good.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...rd-todd-1.html

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saturdaysarebet View Post
    Todd's passer rating was 146.9 for his college career and I'm guessing for back then before all the passing took over, that was pretty good.

Yeah, but in an era when teams didn't pass as much was the element of surprise an advantage? IDK, but I also know he probably didn't have the type of skilled pass blockers and receivers that the modern game features either.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saturdaysarebet View Post

I'd have to know more about how to interpret those things.

Context - as I keep saying - is everything.

CFB teams were happy with 60% field goal kickers in 1966 - from inside 40 yards. Very few kickers nowadays would be able to keep their jobs with percentages that low - at least on the elite teams.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

1. Joe Namath
    2. Ken Stabler
    3. Harry Gilmer
    4. A.J. McCarron
    5. Tua
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.