I hate July! CFB can’t get here soon enough

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
aside from Independence Day, July is the worst. It’s oppressively hot and there is no actual CFB action. Talk shows suck and conecuh sausage is the hot topic.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Lucky me! I enjoy keeping stats and I have hundreds (500 Plus) of spreadsheets on college football. This can keep me busy week after week. I had rather do football stats as read a book or watch TV. So I say lucky me cause it is football season year round in my man cave.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Lucky me! I enjoy keeping stats and I have hundreds (500 Plus) of spreadsheets on college football. This can keep me busy week after week. I had rather do football stats as read a book or watch TV. So I say lucky me cause it is football season year round in my man cave.
Don't get out much, huh? :wink:

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Hey LSU, what is your opinion of Coach O bringing in old Coach John Robinson of USC fame as a consultant. How do you think it will help. Krymsonman

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I understand the sentiment, but I love summer too much to wish it away. Football will be back soon enough.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
aside from Independence Day, July is the worst. It’s oppressively hot and there is no actual CFB action. Talk shows suck and conecuh sausage is the hot topic.
I get it and the older I get the more I struggle with oppressive heat and humidity. It seems to just drain the energy out of me. And this summer in Texas, with all our rain, it's been brutal! But remember that July leads to August and we finally get some Bama football news during fall camp. It's baby steps but we are getting closer! :)

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Toe meets leather next month...
I get it and the older I get the more I struggle with oppressive heat and humidity. It seems to just drain the energy out of me. And this summer in Texas, with all our rain, it's been brutal! But remember that July leads to August and we finally get some Bama football news during fall camp. It's baby steps but we are getting closer! :)

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
It is supposed to be a vacation month like August is in Europe. I think the break is good and only builds anticipation for the good things to come in the Fall.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
July is the time when College Football players get bored and
some of them get in trouble.
I hate those attention grabbing articles.
It's bad enough when it happens at other Universities,
but it's terrible when it happens to one of our guys.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Going to Walmart is the highlight of my week.:cool:
Off the subject a bit but it is the off season. When I get bored I go to the dollars stores (four in Boaz), the grocery stores (3 in Boaz) and thrift stores and just window shop. I am amazed several times a year at "can you believe they have invented that" kind of amazement (or perplexity). Like I said, I am easy to please. I guess that came from being raised on a farm and no cable, x-boxes, tablets and such. We had to make our on entertainment.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Hey LSU, what is your opinion of Coach O bringing in old Coach John Robinson of USC fame as a consultant. How do you think it will help. Krymsonman
Supposedly it’s to help with recruiting in the SoCal area. The guy was a great coach and I guess it can’t hurt since it’s in a consultant role.

saturdaysarebet

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2018
I hear ya and understand. Summer is my favorite season by far. You can do anything you want outside and not need a jacket. I love that and I hate the cold so to me losing summer is offset by college football in the fall.

I watch old games on Youtube for my college football fix till the season starts. I'm watching Notre Dame at Alabama 1980 right now and Notre Dame just scored late in the second quarter for the game's first score. Sometimes I'll watch an old NFL game that was noteworthy and discover things I didn't remember. For example, I watched an NFC playoff game at Dallas and they had painted one end zone in Minnesota Vikings colors!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.