News Article: Josh Chapman Arrested with Second DUI

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Sore subject for me. I lost my younger brother and a good friend to a drunk driver in Montgomery in 1983. He was only 22. She was 24 and left behind a 5 year old daughter. The offender tested at .30 blood alcohol level. He had previous offenses of .23 and .21. It was the 1st case in state history where previous DUI offenses were allowed as evidence in court against him. He received a 10 year sentence on 2 counts of manslaughter and served 6 1/2 years. He still owes restitution to the state and both families. The state claims they can't find him.
Sorry for your loss.
IMO the state owes you for the loss of your brother.
Due Diligence demands the state go to great lengths to locate the suspect.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Dumb! Why in the world do you not get a Uber, a cab or have someone come and get you? There is NO REASON for this to happen today, IMO!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
since the tuscaloosa news is behind a paywall...

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/07/alabama-football-staffer-arrested-for-dui.html

These things used to be winked at, laughed at, and treated like Andy treated Otis. Today is (should be) different. $1000 bond is WAY too low for a 2nd offense.
There was one episode where Otis bought a car, which greatly concerned Andy and Barney. By the end of the episode, he had sold it.

I know what you meant, but the show didn’t totally ignore the issue of drunk driving.

https://mayberry.fandom.com/wiki/Hot_Rod_Otis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
Does anyone have any idea what happened to Josh Chapman after his 2d DUI? I honestly hope he was given a final chance to save his career. I realize some folks think 1 DUI is too many, and 2 should be it.....I hope Alabama gets him Help....it’s a disease and hopefully this time will change his behavior.

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
Does anyone have any idea what happened to Josh Chapman after his 2d DUI? I honestly hope he was given a final chance to save his career. I realize some folks think 1 DUI is too many, and 2 should be it.....I hope Alabama gets him Help....it’s a disease and hopefully this time will change his behavior.
The court proceedings in Alabama for Dui's are a joke. New laws are implemented and the courts find a way around them. People that get arrested for Dui's should have to work accident scenes. Maybe that would change the way they think about driving drunk.

RyanM

Suspended
Sep 14, 2019
I’m curious what the circumstances are surrounding this DUI arrest. Was he actually driving or was he asleep in his car at a bar?
I wonder also. If he was asleep in his car with ignition off, he shouldn’t be given a DUI and if that’s the case he will get out of it. If he was driving on the road, I have zero sympathy for him. If he was passed out in his car, he at least realized he didn’t need to drive.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.