Who throws for more yards Tua or Jalen? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Who throws for more yards Tua or Jalen?

Did Jalen nail down the Sooner starting job in the spring or is the competition ongoing? I should know the answer to that but didn't keep up with OU.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    I think Jalen simply because he's a senior QB going against flag football defenses with some decent receivers.

Get ready for the stories about how his development at Alabama was "hindered" by Saban and "what a genius Lincoln Riley is" for "turning Hurts into a first-rate passer."

And none of it will be true as written. But get ready for the Revisionism Railroad out of the station.
    That will happen after his first big game.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tider6972 View Post
    Jalen.

I hope he wins the hypeman and becomes a 1st round pick; I'll be pleased if he's the fist pick..

I admire his character and his talent, he'll always be a favorite of mine.
    Between this and what you posted in the top five Alabama QBs thread, I'm wondering if you're related to Jalen.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    I think Tua throws for over 4,000 yards this year..... and that will be more than Jalen.
    I don't think it's a matter of "can he?" but will he get the opportunity with PT and will the run/pass ratio allow him to throw enough when he's playing?

But I hope you are right!!!

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    I don't think it's a matter of "can he?" but will he get the opportunity with PT and will the run/pass ratio allow him to throw enough when he's playing?

But I hope you are right!!!

I'm thinking Tua might actually play more this year than last. CNS was ultra comfortable letting Jalen come in and run the game out in 2nd halfs.

While we do need to give the #2 important reps, I don't think CNS will have the same confidence in this years backup as last years.....not early on in the season anyway. So QB2 might not come in until late in the 3rd or early in the 4th.

Also the WR's are entering year 3 (Waddle Year 2), along with Tua having a whole season and offseason developing chemistry with them.

I see no reason why the Passing can't be just as prolific as last year.... It might be more dangerous if Tua starts consistently hitting the RB checkdowns.

I know most want to see some dedicated rushing as well..... but the truth is that we averaged around 200 ypg rushing last year which is right in line with just about every year under CNS except for 2016-2017 where Jalen's runs pushed the average up to 250 ypg.

The problem isn't/wasn't that we couldn't move the ball on the ground..... it's that we haven't been able to move it on the ground in critical short yardage situations.

At any rate I expect that with any improvements in the running game, it will only help open up the passing game further.

We need balance.... but in today's game you've got to be able to sling it.... and Tua can SLING IT

BamaNation Hall of Fame Relayer's Avatar

Interesting question! I'm clueless (generally), but I'll say Tua!

Jalen probably ends up with substantially more total yardage, though.

Jalen.

I hope he wins the hypeman and becomes a 1st round pick; I'll be pleased if he's the fist pick..

Hi Jalen. You still reading Tidefans?

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    I'm thinking Tua might actually play more this year than last. CNS was ultra comfortable letting Jalen come in and run the game out in 2nd halfs.

While we do need to give the #2 important reps, I don't think CNS will have the same confidence in this years backup as last years.....not early on in the season anyway. So QB2 might not come in until late in the 3rd or early in the 4th.

Also the WR's are entering year 3 (Waddle Year 2), along with Tua having a whole season and offseason developing chemistry with them.

I see no reason why the Passing can't be just as prolific as last year.... It might be more dangerous if Tua starts consistently hitting the RB checkdowns.

I know most want to see some dedicated rushing as well..... but the truth is that we averaged around 200 ypg rushing last year which is right in line with just about every year under CNS except for 2016-2017 where Jalen's runs pushed the average up to 250 ypg.

The problem isn't/wasn't that we couldn't move the ball on the ground..... it's that we haven't been able to move it on the ground in critical short yardage situations.

At any rate I expect that with any improvements in the running game, it will only help open up the passing game further.

We need balance.... but in today's game you've got to be able to sling it.... and Tua can SLING IT
    Great point...we ran effectively most of the time last year...even against Clemson we were GASHING them with 10-15 yard runs, but then, when we needed 1 or 2 tough yards we couldn't earn it.

But your point is a good one. And if we run it more effectively, it'll just open up the field more for Tua's talent!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Tua.....

by 500 yards....
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

Not sure if I'd prefer that or Mr. Irrelevant... on TideFans.com
    Jalen.

BamaNation All-American

i'll say Tua by a lot..We have at least 4 future NFL WR's on our team.. They will get open. run after catch will be impressive as well

I love Jalen, but until i see him actually consistently hit the throws, I'll assume Tua throws for more.

It doesn't matter if the D is bad when you over/under throw your receivers on a consistent basis. Time will tell if JH has improved.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

FB|BB Moderator

Throwing yards -- close. I'll go with Tua, in a photo finish, only because of the WRs.

Total yards -- Jalen. The Big 12-2 hasn't seen a QB like him. They play pretty crappy defense anyway, and he'll shred them like an Asplundh does sapling.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.