Who throws for more yards Tua or Jalen? - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

Re: Who throws for more yards Tua or Jalen?

I agree with Tua on passing yards, and Jalen for total yards.

BamaNation All-American PA Tide Fan's Avatar

I'll say Tua. Jalen improved as a passer but he'll never be close to Tua, plus our WR's can all make big plays.

Jalen is likely to have a prolific year in the no defense Big 12. I could see 3,500 yards passing and 1,000+ yards rushing for him.

Tua, meanwhile, will pass for over 4,000 yards. We may run the ball more but the talent throwing and catching the ball is just too great. Should be hard to stop, and fun to watch.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Jalen will—and he’ll beat him in total yards too. Keep in mind the defenses both will face. I predict Tua will make it close most of the season(assuming he stays healthy) but in November Jalen will run away it.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    I'm thinking Tua might actually play more this year than last. CNS was ultra comfortable letting Jalen come in and run the game out in 2nd halfs.

While we do need to give the #2 important reps, I don't think CNS will have the same confidence in this years backup as last years.....not early on in the season anyway. So QB2 might not come in until late in the 3rd or early in the 4th.

Also the WR's are entering year 3 (Waddle Year 2), along with Tua having a whole season and offseason developing chemistry with them.

I see no reason why the Passing can't be just as prolific as last year.... It might be more dangerous if Tua starts consistently hitting the RB checkdowns.

I know most want to see some dedicated rushing as well..... but the truth is that we averaged around 200 ypg rushing last year which is right in line with just about every year under CNS except for 2016-2017 where Jalen's runs pushed the average up to 250 ypg.

The problem isn't/wasn't that we couldn't move the ball on the ground..... it's that we haven't been able to move it on the ground in critical short yardage situations.

At any rate I expect that with any improvements in the running game, it will only help open up the passing game further.

We need balance.... but in today's game you've got to be able to sling it.... and Tua can SLING IT
    Im afraid you’ll see more of the same until the LSU game this year. Saban simply won’t run up the score on inferior teams—and frankly that’s all we face until the second week of November. It may be less than last year, but I still think you’ll see Tua getting yanked a lot this year before the fourth qtr even begins. He won’t play 60 minutes until November. The question is, can he physically handle it once that happens? Based on last season, I’m not sure he can. Convince me I’m wrong.....
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation All-American

Jalen May rack up 5,000 total yards against Big 12 defenses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Jalen, because Saban is going to be working in a number of other QBs throughout the season while Jalen will stay on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Jalen, because Saban is going to be working in a number of other QBs throughout the season while Jalen will stay on the field.
    By "working" I'm afraid you mean simply handing the ball off to our RBs...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Scout Team

I'll throw a wrench in the works here. I think, if you compare each qb's yards as compared to actual minutes played from the 1st game to the last, Tua wins easily. I don't think Tua will play an entire game until possibly Miss St. Jalen will likely play the entire season.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    By "working" I'm afraid you mean simply handing the ball off to our RBs...
    The only time he has done otherwise was with Tua as a TF, so maybe he will do something similar with Lia. I am hopeful, but understand your doubt. But, either way, Tua will get fewer snaps than Jalen.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Bama9001 View Post
    Did Jalen nail down the Sooner starting job in the spring or is the competition ongoing? I should know the answer to that but didn't keep up with OU.
    This is what I was wondering. If Jalen is the starter at OU, then I am sure that he will put up huge numbers because of their offense and the defenses they play in the Big whatever. I think most of you have already nailed it. I also think we will focus on the run a little more this year instead of falling in love with the quick strike long ball. Tua will probably be on the bench for much of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter in many games, so he will not have as many yards. With Tua and our receivers, though, we will still sling it around quite a bit and light up some scoreboards.

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Don't know. It will be interesting, but I'm more concerned with team goals.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I love Jalen, but until i see him actually consistently hit the throws, I'll assume Tua throws for more.

It doesn't matter if the D is bad when you over/under throw your receivers on a consistent basis. Time will tell if JH has improved.
    I kinda "hinted" at that earlier. I'm afraid all that Jalen may have learned about staying in the pocket and trying to find a 2nd or 3rd receiver will go out the window and he'll revert back to a first read and run guy.

And honestly, that may be all he needs to be for OU to be very dangerous offensively in the Big 12 but it will be interesting to see what happens if OU gets beyond the Big 12 and plays a good defense in the playoffs.