Who throws for more yards Tua or Jalen?
Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American alabama mike1's Avatar

Who throws for more yards Tua or Jalen?

When the season is over, who will have more passing yards, Tua or Jalen? Why?

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Re: Who throws for more yards Tua or Jalen?

Probably Jalen just because of the terrible Big 12 defenses and the type of offense the Sooners run. It will be a perfect storm for him.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Jalen and probably by a lot. I think we're going to see CNS pull back on how much "air show" we see from Tua and the passing game this season. I expect to see more ground and pound, clock eating style offense in 2019.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

I'm really looking forward to watching Jalen play for OU. I wish him all the best unless we meet them in the playoffs.

I really believe he made tremendous progress at Alabama to overcome his one read tendency and then tuck and run. But I expect to see him do alot of that in OU's offense. They seem to rely on quick throws which would probably fit his one read tendency and then, if it's not there, I expect he'll shred those Big 12 defenses with his ability to tuck and run.

I think the teams that figure out how to contain him and limit his scrambling/running will be the teams that have the most success against OU. Problem is, Texas may be the only team in conference that has the abilty to do that. But if OU makes the playoffs, it'll probably be the first time Jalen really gets tested.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

I forgot to answer the question: I think it'll be closer than most think because I think Jalen will rush for alot of yards in addition to passing for alot like 1000/3000.

I think Tua throws for around 3000 too, down from last year, but still impressive.

BamaNation Second Team
    Crystal Cove,which is west of Montgomery on the Alabama River near Prairie Creek Campground.

More total yards, Jalen
    More passing yards, Tua

I've often wondered if Jalen had started vs Clemson last year, if the outcome may have been different.

BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar

Likely Jalen will end up with both more total yards and passing yards by a significant margin. Not just because of their respective offensive philosophies, but mainly because of minutes played.

Oklahoma doesn’t usually pull their starting QB even in blowouts. Looking at our schedule I see maybe 4 games where Tua plays a full 60 minutes. Chances are Jalen plays a full 4 quarters far more frequently than Tua will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Formerly BamaBomber

Since Lincoln Riley became an OC in 2010, his QBs have averaged 3,772.6 yards a season. Since being at OU, his QBs have averaged 3,934.5 yards. I don't see Tua getting to either number. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just can't see it.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-SEC

I would think it would be Jalen, mainly because of the system he is now in, and because he won't face much in the way of defense in the Big 12.

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

I think Tua throws for over 4,000 yards this year..... and that will be more than Jalen.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    I think Tua throws for over 4,000 yards this year..... and that will be more than Jalen.
    I think Tua has something to prove this year

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

I think Jalen simply because he's a senior QB going against flag football defenses with some decent receivers.

Get ready for the stories about how his development at Alabama was "hindered" by Saban and "what a genius Lincoln Riley is" for "turning Hurts into a first-rate passer."

And none of it will be true as written. But get ready for the Revisionism Railroad out of the station.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Second Team Tider6972's Avatar

Jalen.

I hope he wins the hypeman and becomes a 1st round pick; I'll be pleased if he's the fist pick..

I admire his character and his talent, he'll always be a favorite of mine.