Who throws for more yards Tua or Jalen?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
You can’t detract from Sark by using his head coach if you’re going to excuse Riley’s horrific defenses, it’s an uneven playing field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But why? Those are 2 completely different things. But even ignoring that I'd still take Riley. The Carroll thing was more of stream of consciousness because I was thinking about Sark working with Kiffin.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
But why? Those are 2 completely different things. But even ignoring that I'd still take Riley. The Carroll thing was more of stream of consciousness because I was thinking about Sark working with Kiffin.
No problem - you prefer Riley. We can agree to disagree.

:cheers2:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
There are more coaches on the Oklahoma sideline than just Riley. You’re giving him the credit for everything, while detracting from Sark because there are other coaches on the field. Uneven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm not sure how we got side-tracked into talking about which is a better OC, that's not what this is about. I simply laughed at the concept that Riley is somehow on another level because he inherited two (possibly three now) players who were very talented and dropped them into a great offense that doesn't play any defenses.

Compare that with Sark's reputation developing QBs, which is far lengthier, and I find it laughable to call Riley better.

Maybe in time Riley will prove himself at or above Sark's level wrt QB development, but frankly, Riley has coached QBs for such a short time it's impossible to compare the two.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Sark is a recycled HC that has a lot of knowledge but I think the jury is still out on how good of an OC he can be at this point in his life and career. Let’s see how 2019 plays out. Comparing him to Lincoln Riley at this point is laughable in my humble opinion.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Sark is a recycled HC that has a lot of knowledge but I think the jury is still out on how good of an OC he can be at this point in his life and career. Let’s see how 2019 plays out. Comparing him to Lincoln Riley at this point is laughable in my humble opinion.
As an OC? Perhaps, yes.

As a developer of QBs? Not one bit.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
I will say this and with no I'll will towards Sark, I am so glad L.R. is our H.C. it's not just his QB coaching, it's the entire scheme. And as far as the D is concerned, he inherited a sticky situation with Mike Stoops. I give him major Kudos for having the Cajones to can his former boss and mentor's brother. My only problem with it was he should have done after the Georgia game.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I'm not sure how we got side-tracked into talking about which is a better OC, that's not what this is about. I simply laughed at the concept that Riley is somehow on another level because he inherited two (possibly three now) players who were very talented and dropped them into a great offense that doesn't play any defenses.

Compare that with Sark's reputation developing QBs, which is far lengthier, and I find it laughable to call Riley better.

Maybe in time Riley will prove himself at or above Sark's level wrt QB development, but frankly, Riley has coached QBs for such a short time it's impossible to compare the two.
I agree. To suggest that Sark isn't a very capable OC is to suggest that he wasn't able to learn anything in the two years as OC at Atlanta facing the very best defenses with great athletes at every position. It was a steep learning curve for sure, but he will bring some refined schemes to attack talented defensive secondaries in the passing game and will look to create advantage at the point of attack in the run game. I would expect he and Flood to be as one in terms of offensive line play.

Lincoln Riley is a talent to be reckoned into the future no doubt but the road to the NC will require defeating Clemson and/or an SEC opponent.

There a number of very talented coaches/teams out there. It doesn't appear to me that we have to diminish one to admire the other. We can sit back and enjoy the great competition. It all will be played out on the field.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I find it very odd that certain viewpoints are being expressed on this board that Jalen is just going to destroy the Big12 (Even being a better all-around player that Kyler Murray) along the way to New York to pick up his Heisman....

While poor fragile little ole Tua isn't even going to make it through the season....

I find this beyond laughable. Tua missed ONE quarter of playing time due to an injury (High ankle sprain). NOBODY plays on that injury. It just so happens to be the injury that sidelined Jalen for 4 weeks and Tua came back in 13 days.

Oh and Sark is basically a has been bum who can't coach QB's or run an offense in comparison to the great Lincoln Riley.

LMBO...

This stuff is 'odd' because it's coming from an "Alabama Fan". I can understand it coming from Sooner fans but..?????

I stand by what I said when this thread started. Tua will throw for more yards than Jalen..... and to take that further....

He will throw for A LOT more yards than Jalen.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.