Former Bama Player Jack McKewen, Jr Passes Away

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Jack McKewen, Jr., a graduate of Shades Valley who played OL at Bama from 66-69 died on Monday evening. He had numerous injuries which kept him from starting, but he was a devoted and beloved player by all who knew him. His father had been captain of the 1943 Orange Bowl team. Here is Jack Jr.'s obituary -- https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/birmingham/obituary.aspx?pid=193351340.

He was a great friend, father, grandfather -- and brother-in-law. (My spouse is his sister.) He treated my sons like they were his own -- following their progress and even attending their games, etc., when he could. The only caveat -- he refused to wear Clemson orange for my golfing son. Said it looked too much like AU. (Back in 2001-05).

He was only 72 -- way too soon for such a good person and friend to so many. Keep all the family in your prayers...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Bama Player Passes Away

Thanks. When I read the title I thought you meant a current player.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I am with him on the Clemson shirt. I was there for work once and went into a store on campus intending to buy a shirt. I left empty handed because I felt like I was in a barn store.

Barn with a lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.