Former Bama Player Jack McKewen, Jr Passes Away
    BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

Big A Former Bama Player Jack McKewen, Jr Passes Away

Jack McKewen, Jr., a graduate of Shades Valley who played OL at Bama from 66-69 died on Monday evening. He had numerous injuries which kept him from starting, but he was a devoted and beloved player by all who knew him. His father had been captain of the 1943 Orange Bowl team. Here is Jack Jr.'s obituary -- https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bi...?pid=193351340.

He was a great friend, father, grandfather -- and brother-in-law. (My spouse is his sister.) He treated my sons like they were his own -- following their progress and even attending their games, etc., when he could. The only caveat -- he refused to wear Clemson orange for my golfing son. Said it looked too much like AU. (Back in 2001-05).

He was only 72 -- way too soon for such a good person and friend to so many. Keep all the family in your prayers...
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Re: Bama Player Passes Away

Thanks. When I read the title I thought you meant a current player.

Sorry about that...can anyone edit the title to say "Former Bama Player...?"
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

I see someone already did...tough morning...flying out to B'ham in a little while.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Re: Former Bama Player Jack McKewen, Jr Passes Away

I am with him on the Clemson shirt. I was there for work once and went into a store on campus intending to buy a shirt. I left empty handed because I felt like I was in a barn store.

Barn with a lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk