Politics: 2019 Political in memoriam

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I am starting this because of the Ross Perot discussion. A number of political figures have died this year and been listed in the thread on the non-political board but we couldn’t comment on them due to board rules.

So this is here to note the passing of any former politicians that die this year and we can comment on their accomplishments for the good and bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I am starting this because of the Ross Perot discussion. A number of political figures have died this year and been listed in the thread on the non-political board but we couldn’t comment on them due to board rules.

So this is here to note the passing of any former politicians that die this year and we can comment on their accomplishments for the good and bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a good idea as we've lost a lot of them.

Just a side note: sometime between 1988 and 1992, Perot and Iacocca had several meetings to plan to run together as a third-party, but they got into a disagreement over which one of them was going to be the head of the ticket. Then, they both decided a third party couldn't win.

Not long after that, Perot ran third party all on his own. (One of the hoped for appeals of Iacocca was that he was from Pennsylvania, a battleground both then and now).

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Paul Volcker, the former Federal Reserve chairman who broke the back of U.S. inflation in the 1980s and three decades later led President Barack Obama’s bid to rein in the investment risk-taking of commercial banks, has died. He was 92.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.