Alabama men’s hoops to play Belmont in Rocket City Classic (in Huntsville)

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Alabama men’s basketball team to return to Huntsville December 21.
The fourth annual Rocket City Classic will feature a double-header with UAH vs. Spring Hill College and Alabama vs. Belmont.

HUNTSVILLE, ALA.- The University of Alabama men’s basketball team will play in their fourth appearance of the Rocket City Classic. This year’s event will feature a double-header as the University of Alabama in Huntsville will play Spring Hill College and Alabama will face Belmont. The neutral-site games will be played Dec. 21 in the Propst Arena at the Von Braun Center. Tickets will go on sale later this summer and will be available through Ticketmaster and at the Von Braun Center box office. Game times will be set in the coming weeks.

“We knew coming in the Rocket City Classic was something we wanted to continue as a part of our non-conference schedule,” said University of Alabama Head Coach Nate Oats. “Not only is it exciting for our fans, but it is great for our program and the city of Huntsville. From everything I’ve heard, the event has been a tremendous success in the past. When you talk about playing Belmont – a program that has had great success over the years – it’s just a win-win situation for everyone involved. We are really looking forward to this game, as well as our continued partnership with the Knight Eady group.”

The Rocket City Classic is hosted by Knight Eady, a Birmingham-based sports marketing and event management firm. Knight Eady, in partnership with the Huntsville CVB and Huntsville Sports Commission, are excited to bring this event to Huntsville for a fourth-straight year.

“The Rocket City Classic has proven to be a successful neutral-site event, so we’re thrilled to be a part of it this season,” said Belmont Head Coach Casey Alexander. “Playing Alabama in Huntsville will provide our fans with a great opportunity to see the Bruins on the road against a high caliber opponent.”

The Rocket City Classic provides the opportunity for both the University of Alabama in Huntsville and the University of Alabama to play in the same night and on a neutral site. The University of Alabama recently named Nate Oats as new head coach, this will be Coach Oats’ first time playing in Huntsville with the Crimson Tide. The University of Alabama in Huntsville recently named John Shulman has the new men’s basketball head coach. Coach Shulman joins the Chargers after various stops and a longtime position with the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.

“We are so excited to be joining three great programs in the Rocket City Classic,” said the University of Alabama in Huntsville Head Coach, John Shulman.” It's an incredible atmosphere for our program and a great opportunity for fans to see four great teams in a high-level event. We appreciate Knight Eady for what they are doing for sports in Alabama.”

"We are honored to be invited to the fourth annual Rocket City Classic,” said Spring Hill College’s Head Coach Craig Kennedy. “This is a well-run event in the hotbed of Alabama high school basketball and we are looking forward to coming up there to play against UAH. Playing in a doubleheader featuring the University of Alabama, from a powerhouse conference like the SEC, will be a real thrill for our guys. We are really looking forward to it!”

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I know it's a new era for Bama B-Ball but I can't stop wondering what the result of Sexton running point for CNO with this roster would have been. This is gonna be so much fun to watch and the kids are gonna have a blast.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I know it's a new era for Bama B-Ball but I can't stop wondering what the result of Sexton running point for CNO with this roster would have been. This is gonna be so much fun to watch and the kids are gonna have a blast.
I don't know. I'm going to miss us bumbling around in the half court and running down the shot clock and taking a bad shot after we passed up several wide open looks.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
The Rocket City Classic is hosted by Knight Eady, a Birmingham-based sports marketing and event management firm. Knight Eady, in partnership with the Huntsville CVB and Huntsville Sports Commission, are excited to bring this event to Huntsville for a fourth-straight year.
Great.... Presale tickets will have nothing but upper seats available... Lot of people complained about lack of availability with tickets. here's hoping they learned their lessons this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.