Question: What will it take for Bama to win another NC this year? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Bama Lee's Avatar

Re: What will it take for Bama to win another NC this year?

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    This sums it up. Alabama is the most talented team in the country, but winning a NC is hard (and it should be).
    Heart..... Lots and lots of heart!
    Ya gotta believe!!!!

FB|BB Moderator

A detailed article by Michael Casagrande in today's Birmingham News lays out what we have to do. The contrast in key performance stats between the first 8 games and the last 7 is stark.

Kind of tough to read, but numbers have no allegiance to any team. Hard to refute.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2...x-in-2019.html
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daddybama1 View Post
    in reverse order...
    3. Tua Stays healthy
    2. Defense, Defense, Defense...we could not stop UGA, OU and Clempson...
    1. Praying that Trevor Lawrence sprains an ankle before we play them...if he's healthy and has continued to mature as a player...this could be a problem
    TL isn't some super man...he's good...real good...but he also had a "dreamlike" game against us too. Him and Ross combined with some disney plays that don't/won't happen every game.

Tua staying healthy is our biggest issue/concern IMO. If we do what we should do it won't matter what anyone else does.

I hope that Tua stays healthy and has worked on his reads. According to UGA fans, who mean nothing to me, Clemson provided a road map on how to beat us. I think Tua will be focused and learn from that especially if Sark has anything to do with it. Tua and Sark have this "history." I also think TL will experience somewhat of a sophomore slump. Let's see if he does or not. We probably wouldn't notice it with the lack of competition Clemson has in the schedule, but come the end of the season TL will have that target on his back. So will that receiver from Alabama that connected on so many plays with TL, whatever his name is.

That said, and we need some luck, too. I think the guys will have the drive and determination. Can't imagine them not having it.

Oh, and Brando has predicted Clemson to win it all again. LOL Man, he hates Bama.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

From the MC article linked above:

The first three drives of the second half of that game ended at the Tiger 24-, 11- and 9-yard lines, respectively. The first was the botched fake field goal when it was clear confidence lacked in the kicking game down 31-16 with one missed extra point.
    I've made this point multiple times and in this thread: The lack of confidence in our kicking game put extra pressure on our RZ offense and against the better competition and especially against Clemson it raised its ugly head in the most obvious way.

We score on those three drives against Clemson, who knows??? It's not that our offense was just terrible as some remember. We just couldn't cash in great drives with TDs.

Yeah, we need a kicking game to be solid for a change in the worst kind of way. I hope we get some magic pixie dust from somewhere to take care of this issue.

Seriously though, is the kid from Hoover coming in this season or what? I think that's where he was from.

BamaNation All-American Tide&True's Avatar

What will it take for Bama to win another NC this year?

Something I hope we get back to this year is sending LBs and DBs on a blitz from time to time. We need that ball-hawking defense back.

Decleating LT in the title game would do my soul good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tide&True; July 12th, 2019 at 08:21 AM.
    "They've got a name for the winners in the world....they call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
    -Steely Dan

BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar

For whatever reason, Bama doesn't win the NC when being #1 all season. Now, as #2 it is a different story so I'm looking forward to #18. Naturally, a whole bunch of luck, limited injuries to key players which means Tua has learned how to throw the ball away, and the coaches are reading from the same sheet of music er football script.
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Keeping injuries to a bare minimum and some good fortune—not luck—in JHS at the end of the regular season.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; July 12th, 2019 at 09:21 PM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation All-SEC luvthat_TIDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tide&True View Post
    What key factors will determine number 18 being placed in the trophy case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As with any NC team, much luck is needed. Although good teams generate much of their own luck.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    A detailed article by Michael Casagrande in today's Birmingham News lays out what we have to do. The contrast in key performance stats between the first 8 games and the last 7 is stark.

Kind of tough to read, but numbers have no allegiance to any team. Hard to refute.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2...x-in-2019.html
    It’s no secret when the difficulty began and a noticeable difference was apparent—the LSU game.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Health and focus.

That is all.

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro

BamaNation Second Team

Actually TL is as close to superman as they come as a QB...not just real good...generational...don't ask me...just look at what every NFL scout and coach and GM is saying...even other great NFL QB's are saying the same thing. This guy was only 18 last year. If he just moves forward at a very average rate and stays healthy, we and everyone else is in trouble. Look, I wish it were not so, but I aint going to be delusional and just deny what is crystal clear. And although i think we have the best WR core in the country and the 2nd best QB in the country...Clempson has 2 1st round picks at WR and probably a 1st round RB...If TL is healthy and maturing ...they will be hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    TL isn't some super man...he's good...real good...but he also had a "dreamlike" game against us too. Him and Ross combined with some disney plays that don't/won't happen every game.

Tua staying healthy is our biggest issue/concern IMO. If we do what we should do it won't matter what anyone else does.