Question: What will it take for Bama to win another NC this year? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BamaNation First Team

Re: What will it take for Bama to win another NC this year?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    Clemson won because their long term DC outcoached our OC and our QB

That wasnít a loss due to Clemson out talenting us. It was because they knew where Tua was thinking as he thought it.

Iím guessing TL has a soph slump. A big one.
    Tough to have a slumo when you plac in the ACC. I do agree with the outcoaching part. Rtr

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RTR! GO CCU!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

We lost to Clemson because we did not make adjustments on Defense and playcalling. We didn't have platoon system. We didn't have the depth for that because we did not develop the depth at all. now with new coaches on staff this year, I expect lot of things addressed with Defense and Offfense.

To get to SEC Championship and Playoff, we must be more consistent on Defense and make sure Tua stay healthy. On top of that, Mac, Tauila and Paul must be ready to play if necessary. Also, Here's hoping that Tua learned his lesson on understanding when to check down to RB and TE if the play isn't there. Do that, and we will be fine.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    We lost to Clemson because we did not make adjustments on Defense and playcalling. We didn't have platoon system. We didn't have the depth for that because we did not develop the depth at all., I expect lot of things addressed with Defense and Offfense.

To get to SEC Championship and Playoff, we must be more consistent on Defense and make sure Tua stay healthy. On top of that, Mac, Tauila and Paul must be ready to play if necessary. Also, Here's hoping that Tua learned his lesson on understanding when to check down to RB and TE if the play isn't there. Do that, and we will be fine.
    Everything you mentioned, highlighted above, would be classified as being out-coached. That is why CNS unloaded or let go of 6 assistants. If you assume that when two teams of equal talent play and one wins in a close game, then it could just be mental mistakes made or a favorable or unfavorable break, when you get blown out it is on the coaching staff. We got blown out regardless of excuses from our fans which is always the case.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Second Team

You are correct about why folks pull against us (we beat everyone)...I should have said that many of the excuses we use when we do lose just adds fuel to the fire. And i can appreciate your response being different to a CU fan! My protesting to much seems to be you doubting my being a die-hard Bama fan??? If i read that wrong, forgive me. Either way, I have no need to defend myself...I KNOW who i pull for...so maybe i'm just simple minded since I played D1 ball and worked in both high level D1 and Pro football...when a team beats you by a bunch my response is just that...we got whipped. #rtr

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    The reason everyone else pulls against us is because we usually beat everybody we play...not because of what we say when we lose.

You quote "Booger" as your confirmation??? A former LSU player???

And for the record, I'm not trying to convince a Clemson fan or LSU fan that our game against Clemson was not our best, I'm saying this to an "Alabama fan" who doesn't want to admit that game was filled with untypical Bama play and several good breaks for Clemson. If I'm talking to a Clemson fan, like I did at Disney a few weeks after the game, I say "Y'all played a great game, Congrats." It's really a compliment to Clemson that they were the one team good enough to totally exploit our obvious tendencies and mistakes in that game. But to act like we didn't make it pretty easy for them at times is failing to see the game in perspective.

You just seem to protest a little too much IMO and that doesn't seem to sit well with your self professed "I...love my Tide..." statement.

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

I think the most key factor, and most overlooked one at that is that we have to score more than the other team.. in every game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daddybama1 View Post
    You are correct about why folks pull against us (we beat everyone)...I should have said that many of the excuses we use when we do lose just adds fuel to the fire. And i can appreciate your response being different to a CU fan! My protesting to much seems to be you doubting my being a die-hard Bama fan??? If i read that wrong, forgive me. Either way, I have no need to defend myself...I KNOW who i pull for...so maybe i'm just simple minded since I played D1 ball and worked in both high level D1 and Pro football...when a team beats you by a bunch my response is just that...we got whipped. #rtr
    Fair enough...RTR! But I think we are kinda talking past each other. I don't deny "we got whipped" if you're looking at the scoreboard. ND got whipped in the 2012 BCS game too according to the scoreboard. All I'm saying is we were much more in the game than the score suggested with several stalled drives in their end that amounted to nothing and them getting 14 points after two Tua INTs. It might not matter to you, but since you played it would seem you'd recognize that we didn't get whipped on the field as badly as the score indicates and that next time I don't think Clemson will have it nearly as easily, if in fact we were to meet them again.

Last years two teams in a 10 game match could end 5-5 maybe...us and ND in 2012 would have us winning every game out of 10.

FWIW: here's the stats for the game. I know the score is the final deciding factor but if you look at game stats you don't see evidence for us getting whipped.
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId=401032087

Just for good measure here are the AL vs. ND stats which ended with a remarkably similar score. Keep in mind almost every bit of ND offense stats came after we were up 35-0 and the game was over.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId=330070333

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

I'd like to add one anecdotal thought. IIRC, Like almost everyone on this board, I too felt like we were just totally dominated in this game shortly after it ended. It felt like we never were even in it, despite leading in the second quarter.

But as I often do in the dead of the summer, I sometimes go back and watch games and I decided to watch the NC game again recently. This time, without the nervousness of the real-time or the anger of the post game, I watched more objectively and decided, based on our how we moved the ball against them, our uncharacteristically poor execution and some fortunate breaks and acrobatic plays they made, that we didn't get man-handled nearly as bad as I thought.

So my recent comments are based on having watched the game recently. I don't think I'm trying to reconstruct history as much as I'm just looking at the evidence that suggests the scoreboard, while it is all that matters, didn't tell the full story on that game.

BamaNation All-American

It will take 11 players doing their job, whatever it is. If we've got class, we're going to find out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3VTk0cEQB8