Question: What will it take for Bama to win another NC this year?

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
1. Better coaching (than last year) from the assistants/OC/DC
2. No injuries to key players (especially Tua, and Jalen Waddle and linebackers)
3. Team leadership and humility
4. Luck
5. Beating Clemson in the Playoffs

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I’ve been concerned about the coaching turnover the last few years. While I know CNS is the CEO...it is disruptive for the players to see so many different faces each year. If there is an advantage Dabo has over us....that would be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I’ve been concerned about the coaching turnover the last few years. While I know CNS is the CEO...it is disruptive for the players to see so many different faces each year. If there is an advantage Dabo has over us....that would be it.

I wish I could disagree. I can’t.

daddybama1

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 10, 2018
in reverse order...
3. Tua Stays healthy
2. Defense, Defense, Defense...we could not stop UGA, OU and Clempson...
1. Praying that Trevor Lawrence sprains an ankle before we play them...if he's healthy and has continued to mature as a player...this could be a problem

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
in reverse order...
3. Tua Stays healthy
2. Defense, Defense, Defense...we could not stop UGA, OU and Clempson...
1. Praying that Trevor Lawrence sprains an ankle before we play them...if he's healthy and has continued to mature as a player...this could be a problem
TL isn't some super man...he's good...real good...but he also had a "dreamlike" game against us too. Him and Ross combined with some disney plays that don't/won't happen every game.

Tua staying healthy is our biggest issue/concern IMO. If we do what we should do it won't matter what anyone else does.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I hope that Tua stays healthy and has worked on his reads. According to UGA fans, who mean nothing to me, Clemson provided a road map on how to beat us. I think Tua will be focused and learn from that especially if Sark has anything to do with it. Tua and Sark have this "history." I also think TL will experience somewhat of a sophomore slump. Let's see if he does or not. We probably wouldn't notice it with the lack of competition Clemson has in the schedule, but come the end of the season TL will have that target on his back. So will that receiver from Alabama that connected on so many plays with TL, whatever his name is.

That said, and we need some luck, too. I think the guys will have the drive and determination. Can't imagine them not having it.

Oh, and Brando has predicted Clemson to win it all again. LOL Man, he hates Bama.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
From the MC article linked above:

The first three drives of the second half of that game ended at the Tiger 24-, 11- and 9-yard lines, respectively. The first was the botched fake field goal when it was clear confidence lacked in the kicking game down 31-16 with one missed extra point.
I've made this point multiple times and in this thread: The lack of confidence in our kicking game put extra pressure on our RZ offense and against the better competition and especially against Clemson it raised its ugly head in the most obvious way.

We score on those three drives against Clemson, who knows??? It's not that our offense was just terrible as some remember. We just couldn't cash in great drives with TDs.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
Yeah, we need a kicking game to be solid for a change in the worst kind of way. I hope we get some magic pixie dust from somewhere to take care of this issue.

Seriously though, is the kid from Hoover coming in this season or what? I think that's where he was from.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Something I hope we get back to this year is sending LB’s and DB’s on a blitz from time to time. We need that ball-hawking defense back.

Decleating LT in the title game would do my soul good.

Last edited:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
For whatever reason, Bama doesn't win the NC when being #1 all season. Now, as #2 it is a different story so I'm looking forward to #18. Naturally, a whole bunch of luck, limited injuries to key players which means Tua has learned how to throw the ball away, and the coaches are reading from the same sheet of music er football script.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
A detailed article by Michael Casagrande in today's Birmingham News lays out what we have to do. The contrast in key performance stats between the first 8 games and the last 7 is stark.

Kind of tough to read, but numbers have no allegiance to any team. Hard to refute.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/07/what-alabama-football-should-fix-in-2019.html
It’s no secret when the difficulty began and a noticeable difference was apparent—the LSU game.

daddybama1

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 10, 2018
Actually TL is as close to superman as they come as a QB...not just real good...generational...don't ask me...just look at what every NFL scout and coach and GM is saying...even other great NFL QB's are saying the same thing. This guy was only 18 last year. If he just moves forward at a very average rate and stays healthy, we and everyone else is in trouble. Look, I wish it were not so, but I aint going to be delusional and just deny what is crystal clear. And although i think we have the best WR core in the country and the 2nd best QB in the country...Clempson has 2 1st round picks at WR and probably a 1st round RB...If TL is healthy and maturing ...they will be hard to beat.

TL isn't some super man...he's good...real good...but he also had a "dreamlike" game against us too. Him and Ross combined with some disney plays that don't/won't happen every game.

Tua staying healthy is our biggest issue/concern IMO. If we do what we should do it won't matter what anyone else does.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Tua looked generational against better teams..Our WR corps is the best in the country...We have three NFL RBs, and a better line. I could keep going...WE will be hard to beat as well, and we actually play in the toughest (BY FAR) conference in the country. One more time...Clemson's two toughest games of the year are against SEC opponents. We'll have to earn it while they coast to another ACC Championship game against a .500 team...Thanks for getting me going right out of the box...How's the water in the lake???
Actually TL is as close to superman as they come as a QB...not just real good...generational...don't ask me...just look at what every NFL scout and coach and GM is saying...even other great NFL QB's are saying the same thing. This guy was only 18 last year. If he just moves forward at a very average rate and stays healthy, we and everyone else is in trouble. Look, I wish it were not so, but I aint going to be delusional and just deny what is crystal clear. And although i think we have the best WR core in the country and the 2nd best QB in the country...Clempson has 2 1st round picks at WR and probably a 1st round RB...If TL is healthy and maturing ...they will be hard to beat.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.