Question: What will it take for Bama to win another NC this year?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'll also throw out a "wild card" factor that may be bigger than we realize.

How good our true freshman place kicker can be may be bigger than we realize.

Last year, I think part of our offensive troubles might have been indirectly related to CNS knowing a FG was not a dependable result.

If we've got a guy that is realiable from about 40 in it changes how you call offensive plays.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
This sums it up. Alabama is the most talented team in the country, but winning a NC is hard (and it should be).
So true B1GTide....even a little luck is needed at times. I’ve seen the most talented teams not win an NC when they were clearly the better team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The same things that win all national championships... luck, talent, and teamwork. We have the talent, but do we have the other two?

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
Tua stay healthy. Najee and robinson stepping up replacing 2 stud running backs, d line getting pressure on opposing QBs. Linebackers tackling better. Secondary locking down receivers. Hell maybe making some kicks as well.

We know our wide receivers are the best in college football.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The only thing that ever beats Bama is a QB playing out of their mind. Otherwise, this is the closest I’ve felt to a sure thing as I’ve ever felt. I am approaching this season expecting to win 18. And I’m guessing it’s going to be 15-0.

Nick’s coming and Hell’s coming with him.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
No injuries to key people.
Coaches all on the same page.
AND...
The press keeping on pushing Clemson as #1. That should have our players playing with a chip on their shoulders.
AND... Our players believing they can play 60 minute ball and dominate everyone.

Last edited:

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I hope Clemson stays at #1 all season until the end. Our guys need a huge chip on their shoulder.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Team stays healthy
Better linebacker play
Better coaching
Better FG kicking
A dose of good luck

All those things were already stated but all are true.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I agree that "the chip on our shoulder" is maybe the biggest key. There's a reason we haven't won two in a row but once under CNS.

I think it was definitely missing last year.

AND, speaking of injuries, sure we need some injury luck but we are one of just a handful of teams that can overcome injuries with our deep roster.

Outside of a season injury to Tua, I think we can still win the NC. Just not too many injuries.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
1. Luck with injuries (especially Tua)
2. An improved defense
3. A coaching staff that stays in place and totally engaged through the NC game.

Unfortunately, I do not think the group of assistants CNS has assembled for this year are looking at a long term career at UA. I would bet many have already bought their tickets to the coaching carousel and will be first in line to board when it opens for business.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Obviously health plays a factor as we have seen repeatedly. But to me we need to get back to being able to run on people even when they are dedicated to stopping us from doing it. If we can do that I see no way to stop or even slow down this offense. Absent that we will only go until we hit a defense that can get to Tua because as good as he is, he's not great at dealing with pressure.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.