Bama hoops to open Battle 4 Atlantis against North Carolina

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
When should the rest of the schedule be released?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
[FONT=&quot]Alabama's non-conference opponents announced so far include: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Penn (110) Quakers vs Oats[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rhode Island (138) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]North Carolina (8) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stephen F Austin (312) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Penn State (49) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Belmont (39) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Richmond (196) [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot](2019 final NET ratings in parenthesis) [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Also guaranteed either Michigan (10) or Iowa State (19)[/FONT]

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Getting quality wins in this tournament can really be a launching pad for this program. I really if they keep growing, I won't be surprised in us making a LOT of noise in this tourney.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Getting quality wins in this tournament can really be a launching pad for this program. I really if they keep growing, I won't be surprised in us making a LOT of noise in this tourney.
I've been eatin' the Oats as much as anyone around here but I am afraid we've been bracket to fail in this tourney.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I've been eatin' the Oats as much as anyone around here but I am afraid we've been bracket to fail in this tourney.
I see what you did there ;)

It is a good tournament with a lot of good matchups. I think the new style may end up giving UNC fits similar to what the team from West GA did to them ... I'm just excited to see it all going.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
An early test of the new system and a way for Oats to measure how far we have to go to compete with the best. A no-lose situation and, who knows, we may pull the upset of the year! :)

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
On one hand, UNC will be going through a lot of transition with players lost to graduation, the NBA draft, and transferring out of the program. Playing them this early would be a prime opportunity for Alabama to get an upset. On the other hand, no one knows how well Alabama will be playing Oats-style to pull off such an upset. UNC looked incredibly vulnerable against Auburn's fast pace game, which was surprising since UNC usually plays that style. Just don't get blown out. Despite the difficulty of the bracket, it is also an incredible opportunity for Alabama to score some OOC wins, and build the team's confidence for SEC play.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
An early test of the new system and a way for Oats to measure how far we have to go to compete with the best. A no-lose situation and, who knows, we may pull the upset of the year! :)
Agreed and I also think this about selling the program in the future to top prospects. “Look we aren’t going to avoid walking on the court with anyone in the country. You want national exposure, you’ll get it with our program”.

As you said, a no-lose situation.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.