Rolando McClain wants a comeback opportunity

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
[FONT=&quot]Former Crimson Tide All-American linebacker Rolando McClain told [/FONT]AL.com[FONT=&quot] he wants to return to football and is hoping to be signed by an NFL team in time to be able to participate in training camp, which begins for NFL teams later this month.[/FONT]
https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/...lando-mcclain-wants-to-make-nfl-comeback.html

Hasn't played since 2015. He's 29. #8 overall pick in 2010 draft. Had loads of potential and was exciting to watch him blow up opposing players. Hopefully he'll seize any opportunity he gets and not squander it again. Good luck Rolando!

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Perhaps now is the time to get in on the coaching side of things. Maybe he should contact Nick about a graduate assistant position but I don't believe he graduated.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I have no idea what type of shape Rolando has kept himself in since 2015. But these aren't the days of players smoking cigarettes in the locker room during halftime and truly taking off during the "off season". Sports, training, nutrition etc. is so specialized and competitive that it is a year around thing. The game passes players by much quicker now days than in other era's. You see it in youth sports today. People encourage kids to play other sports. But here's the problem, unless your kid is one of the elite athletes, you let a kid basically take 8 months off from a sport while other kids play fall ball, take private lessons etc. during the off season and see how quickly he gets left behind in that sport. While your son is playing "other sports", his competition is training year around at the sport he's leaving for 6-8 months.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
When I look at his career, I always marvel at how CNS was able to keep him under control and management during his college career. He never had a coach who could do it in the NFL - and he couldn't control himself. All the talent in the world, but...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
When I look at his career, I always marvel at how CNS was able to keep him under control and management during his college career. He never had a coach who could do it in the NFL - and he couldn't control himself. All the talent in the world, but...
Didn't RM admit he missed/needed that "structure" that he had at Bama?

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Perhaps now is the time to get in on the coaching side of things. Maybe he should contact Nick about a graduate assistant position but I don't believe he graduated.
Don’t know what kind of coach he would be but CNS needs to keep his eye on Demco Ryans. He’s coaching linebackers with the 49ers. One heck of a worker and player. One to keep an eye on.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Good luck with that. It’s not going to happen. How many dozens if not hundreds of chances did he get all throughout his life? He let that ship sail a long time ago. What a waste...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.