Rolando McClain wants a comeback opportunity
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Rolando McClain wants a comeback opportunity

Former Crimson Tide All-American linebacker Rolando McClain told AL.com he wants to return to football and is hoping to be signed by an NFL team in time to be able to participate in training camp, which begins for NFL teams later this month.
    https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2...-comeback.html

Hasn't played since 2015. He's 29. #8 overall pick in 2010 draft. Had loads of potential and was exciting to watch him blow up opposing players. Hopefully he'll seize any opportunity he gets and not squander it again. Good luck Rolando!

Re: Rolando McClain wants a comeback opportunity

Name:  0bd68d5a545328ece8df8e3fb56090888fb76f2af3e7c0733f02871f00e7ea85.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  47.5 KB
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

I am afraid Ro is going to need a time travel machine to go back in time. You can't play NFL football after taking 4 years off.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    I am afraid Ro is going to need a time travel machine to go back in time. You can't play NFL football after taking 4 years off.

Oh, I don't know about that.....

Name:  Roger-Staubach-getty.jpg
Size:  35.5 KB
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

We can handle it.

WYLD STALLIONS!!!!

Name:  bill_amp;_teds_excellent_adventure5021.jpg
Size:  19.1 KB
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar

Perhaps now is the time to get in on the coaching side of things. Maybe he should contact Nick about a graduate assistant position but I don't believe he graduated.
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation Hall of Fame CoastGhost's Avatar

Did someone start a senior league during the summer?

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

I have no idea what type of shape Rolando has kept himself in since 2015. But these aren't the days of players smoking cigarettes in the locker room during halftime and truly taking off during the "off season". Sports, training, nutrition etc. is so specialized and competitive that it is a year around thing. The game passes players by much quicker now days than in other era's. You see it in youth sports today. People encourage kids to play other sports. But here's the problem, unless your kid is one of the elite athletes, you let a kid basically take 8 months off from a sport while other kids play fall ball, take private lessons etc. during the off season and see how quickly he gets left behind in that sport. While your son is playing "other sports", his competition is training year around at the sport he's leaving for 6-8 months.
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; July 13th, 2019 at 11:00 AM.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

When I look at his career, I always marvel at how CNS was able to keep him under control and management during his college career. He never had a coach who could do it in the NFL - and he couldn't control himself. All the talent in the world, but...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    When I look at his career, I always marvel at how CNS was able to keep him under control and management during his college career. He never had a coach who could do it in the NFL - and he couldn't control himself. All the talent in the world, but...
    Didn't RM admit he missed/needed that "structure" that he had at Bama?

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Didn't RM admit he missed/needed that "structure" that he had at Bama?
    ​If only Saban had made history as dual HC by taking the Sunday gig at Lambeau...

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Oh, I don't know about that.....

Name:  Roger-Staubach-getty.jpg
Size:  35.5 KB
    You make a point, however, I'm not sure Ro's training schedule has been quite as good as Roger's was over that four year period.

You make a point, however, I'm not sure Ro's training schedule has been quite as good as Roger's was over that four year period.
    Not to mention that game has changed *just* a bit since then...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius