Who is Jeffrey Epstein and who is Maxwell?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Some of the posts here - and in general circulation - are exactly the reasons that the American population is so vulnerable to disinformation, such as the Russians and Saudis spread...
Yes, and it's terrible.

One of the stories in "Fear" (by Woodward) focuses on a briefing of the bipartisan intelligence committee regarding Russian election interference......and the only thing that happens is the Republicans are trying to figure out how to spin it into "not a big deal" and the Democrats are smiling at the opportunity to hang Trump with it.They're literally worried about ONE thing - how can my tribe benefit from this news?

The reactions now are so predictable by individuals that it's a waste of time to even contemplate or report them. Trump could be seen having sex on video with an underage girl, and every single Republican who saw it would either say it was an impostor, an altered video, or a setup.

And those countries know this about us. That would not have worked thirty years ago.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
The criminal case against Epstein is as dead as he is. There still will surely be civil cases as well as criminal conspiracy cases against his 'helpers'.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...pparent-suicide-n1041111?cid=eml_nbn_20190811
No question, the case against Epstein is over. But what about criminal charges against others, stemming from evidence housed in safes, computers, or whatever, that belonged to Epstein?

That's what generated my question to our resident legal experts.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
No question, the case against Epstein is over. But what about criminal charges against others, stemming from evidence housed in safes, computers, or whatever, that belonged to Epstein?

That's what generated my question to our resident legal experts.
Well, which criminal defendants and what are you going to charge them with? Search warrants have to be very specific. You can't just have a general fishing expedition warrant. Don't exist...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Well, which criminal defendants and what are you going to charge them with? Search warrants have to be very specific. You can't just have a general fishing expedition warrant. Don't exist...
I was under the impression the evidence retrieved at Epstein’s residents had already led to new investigations into others.

Ben Sasse’s letter to the DOJ yesterday seemed to suggest it, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The Clintons had to have been involved. All those Facebook memes can’t be lying.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Start with Maxwell
Sorry, not that easy. Name the crime and the probable evidence to be recovered. Rumors don't count. Probable cause does. Here you go:

A valid search warrant must meet four requirements: (1) the warrant must be filed in good faith by a law enforcement officer; (2) the warrant must be based on reliable information showing probable cause to search; (3) the warrant must be issued by a neutral and detached magistrate; and (4) the warrant must state specifically the place to be searched and the items to be seized.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Got it. But either we’re not talking about the same thing, or I’ve missed an important distinction.

I’m asking about material that was discovered in the execution of a lawfully-issued search warrant. But the information thus uncovered was incriminating to both Epstein and another person.

For example, Epstein is communicating with a john to arrange “an encounter” with a 14-year-old.

It’s uncovered in the course of searching for evidence against Epstein, and in the course of executing a lawful warrant.

Assuming the john can be identified, can it be used in the prosecution of said john for his part?

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Got it. But either we’re not talking about the same thing, or I’ve missed an important distinction.

I’m asking about material that was discovered in the execution of a lawfully-issued search warrant. But the information thus uncovered was incriminating to both Epstein and another person.

For example, Epstein is communicating with a john to arrange “an encounter” with a 14-year-old.

It’s uncovered in the course of searching for evidence against Epstein, and in the course of executing a lawful warrant.

Assuming the john can be identified, can it be used in the prosecution of said john for his part?
I guess I'm not making myself clear. Any and all search warrants on Epstein died the moment he did. Period. Of course, they can pursue any criminal activities turned up in the process of prior searches on/of Epstein. However, that's my point. These guys may be patrons of prostitutes. The next time a search warrant is issued on that will be the first. If evidence show they patronized underage girls, then that's a crime, certainly. However, what in Epstein's records will show that? Piecing together a prosecutable case based on anything they've found in his records would be the devil's own work. About the only thing which could come about would be embarrassment. Bamaro said earlier "start with Maxwell." Well, so far as I can see it ends there, also. And, BTW, where is she anyway, and where exactly are you going to get a search warrant for?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I guess I'm not making myself clear. Any and all search warrants on Epstein died the moment he did. Period. Of course, they can pursue any criminal activities turned up in the process of prior searches on/of Epstein. However, that's my point. These guys may be patrons of prostitutes. The next time a search warrant is issued on that will be the first. If evidence show they patronized underage girls, then that's a crime, certainly. However, what in Epstein's records will show that? Piecing together a prosecutable case based on anything they've found in his records would be the devil's own work. About the only thing which could come about would be embarrassment. Bamaro said earlier "start with Maxwell." Well, so far as I can see it ends there, also. And, BTW, where is she anyway, and where exactly are you going to get a search warrant for?
Pretty sure that’s what’s happened though. Investigations are underway based on what was found.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.