Who is Jeffrey Epstein? - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Re: Who is Jeffrey Epstein?

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    He was either going to pull a Polanski, or he was going to be carried by six before he could be judged by twelve.
    I see many reasons for his suicide. I don't think he really needs a bunch of half-cocked conspiracy theories...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-American CrimsonTheory's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    I'm gonna say this just once.

It is NO secret that I regard Bill Clinton as pretty much scum (and his wife is worse). The man always used to tick me off for the same reasons Trump does - you could look at him and telling he was lying his tail off.

However.......

I'm still trying to figure out how it is that given I knew everything this guy did with a cigar and a 21-year old intern due - in large part - to his clumsiness....

how is this same guy able to murder so many people indiscriminately and never leave a trace?

He couldn't even clean up the evidence from his indiscretion.

Do ANY of our conspiracy theorists who hold to the Jerry Falwell video series actually want to explain this one to me?
    I did not say I believe any of it, I said if it turned out to be true (the Clintons having a hand in it), it would be very interesting to see what the law can do to the Clintons. But I got my popcorn ready though, just in case.

The Clintons, like the Obamas are as likely to see a jail cell as Trump and his cronies.
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.

Clinton and Trump both associated with this scumbag for a time but to think either was connected with his 'suicide' is ludicrous. Most likely, realizing that his life of wealth, power and privilege was over, he killed himself or at most was 'allowed' to kill himself.
    Last edited by Bamaro; August 11th, 2019 at 09:24 AM. Reason: spelling

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I see many reasons for his suicide. I don't think he really needs a bunch of half-cocked conspiracy theories...
    Bingo.

And I now see reported that they took him off suicide watch weeks ago. That seems to have been the whole sticking point.

I thought it was interesting at first based on reports, but initial reports are almost always wrong. Unfortunately, initial reports being wrong are the gasoline for the jet rocket of conspiracy theories. "Well, they reported this but then...." I'm as harsh a critic of the media as anyone, but I understand in situations like this why that happens.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTheory View Post
    I did not say I believe any of it, I said if it turned out to be true (the Clintons having a hand in it), it would be very interesting to see what the law can do to the Clintons. But I got my popcorn ready though, just in case.

The Clintons, like the Obamas are as likely to see a jail cell as Trump and his cronies.
    My apologies for my own misunderstanding then - but I think even speculating that X was involved or even could have been involved with such things is just mindless.

The other thing that we have happening now is that every single time something happens, the hard partisans insist that whatever it is that happens is a designed "distraction" from whatever the previous story was.

We've always had a lot of news stories, we did not always have the ability to fire them out constantly in real time. I enjoy the ease of the I phone, but I WILL confess I do miss the simpler time of not getting whiplash as we move from "big story" to "big story."
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

Some of the posts here - and in general circulation - are exactly the reasons that the American population is so vulnerable to disinformation, such as the Russians and Saudis spread...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Something stinks but I'd have to agree negligence and bad psychiatric assessment are more likely to blame than conspiracy. We all would be hard pressed to deny that several powerful people breathed a sigh of relief when this news dropped. The conspiracy theories are gonna linger because of the convenience of his death for powerful people paired with sheer idiocy of not having him damn near straight-jacketed. Anyone caught dead to rights for heinous pedophilic crimes is a suicide risk because of the perception/reality of what happens to those people in prison. That fact that he was not on watch with one other apparent attempt recently is fishy.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

FB|BB Moderator

A question for our legal eagle posters: What are the legalities around search of a dead person's property?

I'm sure there's a lot of people of all political persuasions who are breathing a sigh of relief that Epstein won't be testifying about anything. But what about the films, computer videos, emails, etc. that might be in his various homes, computers and safe deposit boxes?

Do his "clients" have any reason to be concerned about that?
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

The criminal case against Epstein is as dead as he is. There still will surely be civil cases as well as criminal conspiracy cases against his 'helpers'.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...l_nbn_20190811
    Last edited by Bamaro; August 11th, 2019 at 10:08 AM. Reason: add link

Some of the posts here - and in general circulation - are exactly the reasons that the American population is so vulnerable to disinformation, such as the Russians and Saudis spread...
    Yes, and it's terrible.

One of the stories in "Fear" (by Woodward) focuses on a briefing of the bipartisan intelligence committee regarding Russian election interference......and the only thing that happens is the Republicans are trying to figure out how to spin it into "not a big deal" and the Democrats are smiling at the opportunity to hang Trump with it.They're literally worried about ONE thing - how can my tribe benefit from this news?

The reactions now are so predictable by individuals that it's a waste of time to even contemplate or report them. Trump could be seen having sex on video with an underage girl, and every single Republican who saw it would either say it was an impostor, an altered video, or a setup.

And those countries know this about us. That would not have worked thirty years ago.

FB|BB Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    The criminal case against Epstein is as dead as he is. There still will surely be civil cases as well as criminal conspiracy cases against his 'helpers'.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...l_nbn_20190811
    No question, the case against Epstein is over. But what about criminal charges against others, stemming from evidence housed in safes, computers, or whatever, that belonged to Epstein?

That's what generated my question to our resident legal experts.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    No question, the case against Epstein is over. But what about criminal charges against others, stemming from evidence housed in safes, computers, or whatever, that belonged to Epstein?

That's what generated my question to our resident legal experts.
    Well, which criminal defendants and what are you going to charge them with? Search warrants have to be very specific. You can't just have a general fishing expedition warrant. Don't exist...

Well, which criminal defendants and what are you going to charge them with? Search warrants have to be very specific. You can't just have a general fishing expedition warrant. Don't exist...
    I was under the impression the evidence retrieved at Epstein’s residents had already led to new investigations into others.

Ben Sasse’s letter to the DOJ yesterday seemed to suggest it, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson