Anyone Know Anything About Evansville, Indiana? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

Re: Anyone Know Anything About Evansville, Indiana?

You might start pulling for the hometown basketball team, Evansville. The Missouri Valley Conference. I used to go to Creighton games in Omaha back when they were still in the MO Valley conference.

BamaNation All-American PacadermaTideUs's Avatar

I once knew a young lady from Evansville. She was southern. And she was hawt.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

My hygienist’s husband has worked in Evansville for the last couple of years. If you want to talk directly to someone who has recently moved there PM me and I can’t put you in touch with him.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post
    My hygienist’s husband has worked in Evansville for the last couple of years. If you want to talk directly to someone who has recently moved there PM me and I can’t put you in touch with him.

Why can't you?

My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar

Anyone Know Anything About Evansville, Indiana?

Iíve been to Evansville a couple of times. Not a ton to do there, but itís in a pretty good spot. Youíre not far off from Louisville and only a couple of hours from Indianapolis and St. Louis. Yes it has some rough areas, but there are a lot of good, middle-class areas as well. Geographically itís actually around the prettiest area of the state. Indiana doesnít exactly have a breathtaking topography, but the southern part of the state is actually quite gorgeous, especially in the fall.

The winters will be harsher than you are used to. Youíll see a bit of snow, but not a ton. I will say the more southern part of the state tends to get a fair bit of ice. Itíll definitely be cooler in the summer than you are used to in Dallas, although it can still gets pretty humid.

As far as feel, anything south of Columbus IN feels more like Kentucky than Indiana. Meaning the people and the accents will feel more southern than Midwestern. Good folks down there for the most part.

Fun fact you already know if youíve done any research at all, but the 3rd oldest in use baseball stadium in the country is in Evansville. Bosse Field which was opened right after Fenway and Wrigley. A good bit of ďA League of Their OwnĒ was filmed there.

Hope some of this helps. The Hoosier state would welcome you with open arms... At least this Bama fan would. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BamaHoosier; July 14th, 2019 at 09:19 PM.
    Formerly BamaBomber

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Why can't you?

Duh!!!