Is Clemson the most prolific Propaganda Machine ever? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar

Re: Is Clemson the most prolofic Propaganda Machine ever?

Just had Dabo's brother on a flight from Venice today. Dang, it sure is hard to dislike the Swinneys. You just can't. He was sooo nice and only said great things about Alabama. I tried hard to find out if he and Dabo would ever end up in Tuscaloosa. Best I got was "never say never". I didn't expect any more information than that but had to try. LOL

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jkl0802 View Post
    Seriously, have you ever seen as much smack talk as what comes out of Clemson? Yes, they are currently playing good football, but their fan base and sports writers don’t seem to know how to take it all in. They still act like the little school in South Carolina...”poor old me...no one gives me any respect.” I’m as tired of this as I am the nasty mouthed and zero class US Women's Soccer Team. I hope all of this is being repeated in hot summer workouts in Tuscaloosa so that big chips on shoulders are forming and everyone is laser focused for a chance to take on Clemson again.
    RTR

Where’s the problem? If I had beaten Bama AND Saban 2 out of three in NC games played during the last decade I would be doing the SAME THING. In fact, I’d probably be making a bigger deal out of than they are.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; July 14th, 2019 at 10:18 PM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Second Team

This sir is one of the best post i have seen on tidefans.com ! #true

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I’m trying to figure out why any of this “behavior” bothers Alabama fans so much that they obsess over every little thing the National media and Clemson fans have to say. I think a certain portion of the Alabama fan base cares more about being mad about something 24/7 rather than enjoying 99% of this run we are on.

Point is we got our ass whooped, and they earned their right to talk and doubt us. I think at some point we need to stop worrying about what Clemson, their fans, and the National media has to say and start worrying about Duke. Ultimately it is our choice to either care more about the smack coming from the outside or enjoying the run and how much longer we get to enjoy these days.

Until Clemson earns their way on our schedule I couldn’t care less what anyone says about Clemson’s superiority to Alabama.

BamaNation Second Team

We all know talk is cheap...let them talk! And...although a relatively new member to this board i've been a long time reader...and we all know if we are honest...we too can do some smack talking...and the reason is we was whooping erbody's rear end year after year. But it don't feel as good to hear this same talk from someone else. Let it go...it just comes with the territory of winning at the highest level. Honestly, I'm thankful for Clempson cause we finally have a worth rivalry and opponent...Bama vs. Clempson v

Seriously, have you ever seen as much smack talk as what comes out of Clemson? Yes, they are currently playing good football, but their fan base and sports writers don’t seem to know how to take it all in. They still act like the little school in South Carolina...”poor old me...no one gives me any respect.” I’m as tired of this as I am the nasty mouthed and zero class US Women's Soccer Team. I hope all of this is being repeated in hot summer workouts in Tuscaloosa so that big chips on shoulders are forming and everyone is laser focused for a chance to take on Clemson again.
    RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

RTR
    oh for Pete's sake, Alabama fans have a patent on the Rodney Dangerfield act. Always an amorphous "they" out there somewhere that are shamelessly biased against us and something about a four-team playoff being designed to intentionally exclude two SEC teams.

Besides - if a 44-16 thumping isn't motivation enough, we've got bigger problems than Clemson's esteem issues.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Second Team

RTR
    Sounds like you're too easily triggered.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

I think the only talk I actually subscribe to is that of LSU and UGA fans. I always find it funny every year they do this Roy D Mercer big and bad talk and how this is the year that they are going to whoop Alabama only to get a dose of reality that talk alone wont whoop Alabama.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daddybama1 View Post
    This sir is one of the best post i have seen on tidefans.com ! #true
    But, ironically.... 81 is usually mad about something 24/7....
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    But, ironically.... 81 is usually mad about something 24/7....
    Nah Alabama football never makes me mad. Sorry I don’t fit your 24/7 sunshine pumper standards.

It is in blue... on TideFans.com
    Nah Alabama football never makes me mad. Sorry I don’t fit your 24/7 sunshine pumper standards.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Talking Re: Is Clemson the most prolofic Propaganda Machine ever?

I’m trying to figure out why any of this “behavior” bothers Alabama fans so much that they obsess over every little thing the National media and Clemson fans have to say. I think a certain portion of the Alabama fan base cares more about being mad about something 24/7 rather than enjoying 99% of this run we are on.

Point is we got our ass whooped, and they earned their right to talk and doubt us. I think at some point we need to stop worrying about what Clemson, their fans, and the National media has to say and start worrying about Duke. Ultimately it is our choice to either care more about the smack coming from the outside or enjoying the run and how much longer we get to enjoy these days.

Until Clemson earns their way on our schedule I couldn’t care less what anyone says about Clemson’s superiority to Alabama.
    The only ones who matter is our team...
    I want our team mad and motivated.
    I hope we face Clemson this season I want our guys playing with a chip on their shoulders. I want Coach Saban mad enough to pour on all the points we can.
    This kind of mad puts a on my face.

I worked at (but not for) a company whose HQ is in Greenville, SC from 2014 to earlier this year and I spent a considerable amount of time in that area. It feels like winning is new to them. I have a great respect for their program HISTORY, but some of their fans that I encountered struck me as a healthy balance between Auburn and UGA fans (insert puking gif).

I should also add that I'm quite put off by a lot of our "fans" too.

I was just thinking about this yesterday. We're 2-2 vs them the past 4 seasons but you wouldn't know that by reading popular opinion. I've heard "Clemson has passed Bama" and "Dabo would be taking a step down to coach at Bama" no less than 50 times this summer. (For clarity, I don't want him as a coach. I'm in the Never Dabo camp, but that's another discussion for another time).

In any event, if they're as good as we all think they are and we are as good as we think we can be, we'll meet them again in January. All the talking will take care of itself.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

This, plus rather than being mad we should be thankful Clemson didn't hang 51 points on us.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner