Is Clemson the most prolific Propaganda Machine ever?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Re: Is Clemson the most prolofic Propaganda Machine ever?

I’m trying to figure out why any of this “behavior” bothers Alabama fans so much that they obsess over every little thing the National media and Clemson fans have to say. I think a certain portion of the Alabama fan base cares more about being mad about something 24/7 rather than enjoying 99% of this run we are on.

Point is we got our ass whooped, and they earned their right to talk and doubt us. I think at some point we need to stop worrying about what Clemson, their fans, and the National media has to say and start worrying about Duke. Ultimately it is our choice to either care more about the smack coming from the outside or enjoying the run and how much longer we get to enjoy these days.

Until Clemson earns their way on our schedule I couldn’t care less what anyone says about Clemson’s superiority to Alabama.
The only ones who matter is our team...
I want our team mad and motivated.
I hope we face Clemson this season I want our guys playing with a chip on their shoulders. I want Coach Saban mad enough to pour on all the points we can.
This kind of mad puts a :) on my face.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked at (but not for) a company whose HQ is in Greenville, SC from 2014 to earlier this year and I spent a considerable amount of time in that area. It feels like winning is new to them. I have a great respect for their program HISTORY, but some of their fans that I encountered struck me as a healthy balance between Auburn and UGA fans (insert puking gif).

I should also add that I'm quite put off by a lot of our "fans" too.

I was just thinking about this yesterday. We're 2-2 vs them the past 4 seasons but you wouldn't know that by reading popular opinion. I've heard "Clemson has passed Bama" and "Dabo would be taking a step down to coach at Bama" no less than 50 times this summer. (For clarity, I don't want him as a coach. I'm in the Never Dabo camp, but that's another discussion for another time).

In any event, if they're as good as we all think they are and we are as good as we think we can be, we'll meet them again in January. All the talking will take care of itself.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I think the only talk I actually subscribe to is that of LSU and UGA fans. I always find it funny every year they do this Roy D Mercer big and bad talk and how this is the year that they are going to whoop Alabama only to get a dose of reality that talk alone wont whoop Alabama.
Well, now, how big a boy are ya?

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

I apologize in advance for killing the buzz. We have won on the scoreboard only vs UGA the past two times we've played them (and really that's the only place that matters). But from a testosterone filled, chest-thumping standpoint, we've been outclassed, outphysicalled, and were in not for their stupid 4th qtr play calling I would say outcoached. I rewatched the SECCG and I was disgusted seeing our guys get pushed around like we normally do other people.

LSU, though, has become Tennessee. They haven't beaten us in forever. And like a UT player said about us when I was in school (Dubose/Franchione/Price/Shula era), "You gotta win sometimes in order for it to be a rivalry". They haven't beaten us since the 9-6 game. Yuck.

I think the only talk I actually subscribe to is that of LSU and UGA fans. I always find it funny every year they do this Roy D Mercer big and bad talk and how this is the year that they are going to whoop Alabama only to get a dose of reality that talk alone wont whoop Alabama.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

I don't know how much hype is coming from Clemson, I do know there is a strong media current to crown them the new "Alabama" and the team that ended the Saban run of championships. Its possible history will eventually record that they were right but if they do end up being right it would not be just because of them but them and Georgia and possibly others in combination. Having said all that, Saban is right where he wants to be, the underdog. He wants a bunch of guys who feel disrespected and I think the media and talking heads are going to give them a snoot full this year.

As for Clemson they should be in the playoffs unless something goes horribly wrong, but that DL they had. You can't replace that. I don't know if we'll ever see a DL like that on one team again. For that matter his OL was rock solid as well. That stuff goes a long way to determine things and few people consider it.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Didn't this same thing happen after they beat us for the '16 NC too?

Their fans earned the right to brag and the media is going to jump on anything that can rival Alabama as the next big thing.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

I don't know how much hype is coming from Clemson, I do know there is a strong media current to crown them the new "Alabama" and the team that ended the Saban run of championships. Its possible history will eventually record that they were right but if they do end up being right it would not be just because of them but them and Georgia and possibly others in combination. Having said all that, Saban is right where he wants to be, the underdog. He wants a bunch of guys who feel disrespected and I think the media and talking heads are going to give them a snoot full this year.

As for Clemson they should be in the playoffs unless something goes horribly wrong, but that DL they had. You can't replace that. I don't know if we'll ever see a DL like that on one team again. For that matter his OL was rock solid as well. That stuff goes a long way to determine things and few people consider it.
Check back in Tuscaloosa in 2021.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I apologize in advance for killing the buzz. We have won on the scoreboard only vs UGA the past two times we've played them (and really that's the only place that matters). But from a testosterone filled, chest-thumping standpoint, we've been outclassed, outphysicalled, and were in not for their stupid 4th qtr play calling I would say outcoached. I rewatched the SECCG and I was disgusted seeing our guys get pushed around like we normally do other people.

LSU, though, has become Tennessee. They haven't beaten us in forever. And like a UT player said about us when I was in school (Dubose/Franchione/Price/Shula era), "You gotta win sometimes in order for it to be a rivalry". They haven't beaten us since the 9-6 game. Yuck.
I think at some point Kirby has to learn to deal with late momentum swings or else he will just be Richt 2.0 forever. Saban vs Kirby has been Ali vs Tyson. You can make an argument for both winning a game but you ultimately know by the start of the 4th who is going to win. Tyson’s only chance vs Ali is an early knockout, and Ali wants to make Tyson tire out. Kirby and pretty much everyone else in the country have to have early knockouts vs Bama to realistically have a chance because the experience and the depth of Alabama will kill you 9/10 times in the 4th quarter.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Thanks for your candor, Mack. I am sure I will be run out of town for my comments, but the Alabama program has slipped a notch or two over the past couple of years, not just because we lost to Clemson, but our having to rely on outscoring teams we would normally manhandle. Has CNS become complacent, is his age catching up with him? I personally do not think this is the case.

The only rationale I can come up with is the coaching turnover, especially in 2017 and 2018. We have 3 coaches (Golding, Scott and Banks) on staff from 2018 returning for 2019. We had 3 coaches (Lupoi, Key and Locksley) from 2017 to 2018 return. Between 2016 and 2017 the only turnover was Kiffin replaced by Daboll. We have replaced 13 assistant coaches for the 2018 and 2019 seasons. If this continues then we are going to continue to struggle in the big games. BTW, I feel the loss of Pruitt was more devastating than anticipated. I do think the new 2019 staff could be CNS's best yet.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Spunky little thread hear. Gray nailed it below. I've come to respect Dabo. He out-Alabama'd Alabama in our last game. The 92' Championship game in reverse. Clempson deserves their day because they won that game. It will be tougher sledding for them going forward but I respect what happened in our last matchup.

The only rationale I can come up with is the coaching turnover, especially in 2017 and 2018. We have 3 coaches (Golding, Scott and Banks) on staff from 2018 returning for 2019. We had 3 coaches (Lupoi, Key and Locksley) from 2017 to 2018 return. Between 2016 and 2017 the only turnover was Kiffin replaced by Daboll. We have replaced 13 assistant coaches for the 2018 and 2019 seasons. If this continues then we are going to continue to struggle in the big games. BTW, I feel the loss of Pruitt was more devastating than anticipated. I do think the new 2019 staff could be CNS's best yet.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Re: Most Prolific Propaganda Machines; Clemson or Russia?

IMO, Clemson is doing what Coach Bryant did for 40 years as a head coach, and it works. He talked down his team and talked up his opponents.
I agree, and I much prefer it to the the Miami Hurricanes of the world who like to thump their chests and say how good they are. It seems what Dabo does is called humility to me. Now, some of it is probably a load of crap because he knows they have a very good program right now, but I still prefer the "We are just little ol' Clemson" to the we are great people of the world who think you should bow down to their greatness because if you don't you must be jealous or some kind of racist or sexist or whatever label they want to throw around these days.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Thanks for your candor, Mack. I am sure I will be run out of town for my comments, but the Alabama program has slipped a notch or two over the past couple of years, not just because we lost to Clemson, but our having to rely on outscoring teams we would normally manhandle. Has CNS become complacent, is his age catching up with him? I personally do not think this is the case.

Come on ya'll -- we've replaced our coaching staff by 300% over the past few years. I think for us to have stayed at the top despite that is beyond impressive.....

We have lost a touch in the trenches -- but you can see Coach is rebuilding the eye wall (sorry, just went through a Hurricane ;)) --

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

I agree...………….I think this staff will also be more stable in the long run. I would have loved to have kept Pruitt, but I understand the desire to be a coach. This staff has the makings of a great one

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

Dabo can no longer play the 'lil ole Clemson card. His program is top tier and everyone knows it. It is yet TBD if he can sustain the success but he'll eventually suffer coaching turnover and youthful inexperience like we have over the last few seasons. It's all in how he rebounds that'll define his legacy. He's just playing the cards he's been dealt and so far he's still at the table with a good stack of chips. Personally I'm happy that another team has given us a meaningful and legitimate rivalry to look forward to as opposed to wondering who the next flash in the pan will be. That's what makes CFB the greatest sport in the nation.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

The only addition to Clemson's staff since the 2015 season is Todd Bates who joined the staff in 2017. Stability helps. Plus 4 of his assistants either coached or played for Alabama not including Swinney.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.