Is Clemson the most prolific Propaganda Machine ever?

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
Seriously, have you ever seen as much smack talk as what comes out of Clemson? Yes, they are currently playing good football, but their fan base and sports writers don’t seem to know how to take it all in. They still act like the little school in South Carolina...”poor old me...no one gives me any respect.” I’m as tired of this as I am the nasty mouthed and zero class US Women's Soccer Team. I hope all of this is being repeated in hot summer workouts in Tuscaloosa so that big chips on shoulders are forming and everyone is laser focused for a chance to take on Clemson again.
RTR

Last edited:

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Re: Most Prolific Propaganda Machines; Clemson or Russia?

Well, it's all good..............they can do as they please, and everyone should ignore them. I have a co-worker who is a Clemson homer, and after listening to him run his trap, I asked him "what do Frank Howard, Dabo Swinney and Danny Ford have in common?" After he said I dont know, I told him "3 Alabama alumni who made Clemson what they are"..............crickets after that. Let them enjoy their season for now............all things end in time

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

IMO, Clemson is doing what Coach Bryant did for 40 years as a head coach, and it works. He talked down his team and talked up his opponents.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Propaganda Machines; Clemson or Russia?

IMO, Clemson is doing what Coach Bryant did for 40 years as a head coach, and it works. He talked down his team and talked up his opponents.
Perfectly said, B1G. Clemson is risen to the highest peak of success they’ve ever had. We’ve been there for years and we’ve seen how hard it is to keep a team humble, hungry, and focused when you are there.

Plus if you listen to national media you’ll hear that they are better than ever, darn near infallible, and should have a cakewalk to another title. Their coaches are smart enough to try to get ahead of a let down by bringing their kids back to earth.

Threads like these make me thankful we’re under 50 days to kickoff. You know kickoff is near when these are things we’re getting worked up about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA

Dabo, like any coach is going to use the method he thinks best to motivate his guys so if he wants to use the same old Rodney Dangerfield method (no respect!) I'm fine with it. It's going to be harder to use it this season since most likely Clemson will be the preseason #1.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Re: Is Clemson the most prolofic Propaganda Machine ever?

Well, Clemson is the greatest football team in the history of football teams and Alabama has no chance against them again this coming year. Clemson will crush Alabama again next January.

/Anti-rat poison.

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005

I'm not sure that I've ever seen a coach the media has tried to portray as the anti-Saban as much as they have with Dabo. Young, family atmosphere, fun, player's coach.....Saban is old, grumpy, doesn't care about his players, and his remaining hip is one step from the grave. Well, at least that's what we're told.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I’m trying to figure out why any of this “behavior” bothers Alabama fans so much that they obsess over every little thing the National media and Clemson fans have to say. I think a certain portion of the Alabama fan base cares more about being mad about something 24/7 rather than enjoying 99% of this run we are on.

Point is we got our ass whooped, and they earned their right to talk and doubt us. I think at some point we need to stop worrying about what Clemson, their fans, and the National media has to say and start worrying about Duke. Ultimately it is our choice to either care more about the smack coming from the outside or enjoying the run and how much longer we get to enjoy these days.

Until Clemson earns their way on our schedule I couldn’t care less what anyone says about Clemson’s superiority to Alabama.

Last edited:

T Bone

1st Team

If we take care of business, the business will take us to where we want to be. The team is in ultimate control of where we go, one play at a time, everyone doing their job on each play, just as coach has said all along...........lets take care of business..........roll tide

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

So the TC doesn't care for Clemson from what I can gather.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

Just had Dabo's brother on a flight from Venice today. Dang, it sure is hard to dislike the Swinneys. You just can't. He was sooo nice and only said great things about Alabama. I tried hard to find out if he and Dabo would ever end up in Tuscaloosa. Best I got was "never say never". I didn't expect any more information than that but had to try. LOL

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Seriously, have you ever seen as much smack talk as what comes out of Clemson? Yes, they are currently playing good football, but their fan base and sports writers don’t seem to know how to take it all in. They still act like the little school in South Carolina...”poor old me...no one gives me any respect.” I’m as tired of this as I am the nasty mouthed and zero class US Women's Soccer Team. I hope all of this is being repeated in hot summer workouts in Tuscaloosa so that big chips on shoulders are forming and everyone is laser focused for a chance to take on Clemson again.
RTR

Where’s the problem? If I had beaten Bama AND Saban 2 out of three in NC games played during the last decade I would be doing the SAME THING. In fact, I’d probably be making a bigger deal out of than they are.

Last edited:

daddybama1

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 10, 2018

This sir is one of the best post i have seen on tidefans.com ! #true

I’m trying to figure out why any of this “behavior” bothers Alabama fans so much that they obsess over every little thing the National media and Clemson fans have to say. I think a certain portion of the Alabama fan base cares more about being mad about something 24/7 rather than enjoying 99% of this run we are on.

Point is we got our ass whooped, and they earned their right to talk and doubt us. I think at some point we need to stop worrying about what Clemson, their fans, and the National media has to say and start worrying about Duke. Ultimately it is our choice to either care more about the smack coming from the outside or enjoying the run and how much longer we get to enjoy these days.

Until Clemson earns their way on our schedule I couldn’t care less what anyone says about Clemson’s superiority to Alabama.

daddybama1

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 10, 2018

We all know talk is cheap...let them talk! And...although a relatively new member to this board i've been a long time reader...and we all know if we are honest...we too can do some smack talking...and the reason is we was whooping erbody's rear end year after year. But it don't feel as good to hear this same talk from someone else. Let it go...it just comes with the territory of winning at the highest level. Honestly, I'm thankful for Clempson cause we finally have a worth rivalry and opponent...Bama vs. Clempson v

RTR

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

RTR
oh for Pete's sake, Alabama fans have a patent on the Rodney Dangerfield act. Always an amorphous "they" out there somewhere that are shamelessly biased against us and something about a four-team playoff being designed to intentionally exclude two SEC teams.

Besides - if a 44-16 thumping isn't motivation enough, we've got bigger problems than Clemson's esteem issues.

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018

RTR
Sounds like you're too easily triggered.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I think the only talk I actually subscribe to is that of LSU and UGA fans. I always find it funny every year they do this Roy D Mercer big and bad talk and how this is the year that they are going to whoop Alabama only to get a dose of reality that talk alone wont whoop Alabama.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.