News Article: SEC needs to evolve football scheduling amid athletic department budget cuts

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I've had to come to terms that my kids aren't interested in the same things that I was as a kid. Granted, a lot of things they are. But certain things that were "cool" to collect, do or watch during my childhood is boring to them. It's just cultural shifts from one generation to the next. Somethings stay popular from one generation to the next. Then other things don't. We maybe seeing the first generation of people who simply aren't as obsessed with the type entertainment that previous generations have been.
Yeah, people age 40 grew up without smart phones and social media. My kids are the generation that is shifting the paradigm. They would rather go to the dentist than spend an entire day attending a sporting event.

BamaInCummingGA

1st Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming, Ga
Fortunately, my daughter still likes to go to a couple of games. Trying to get tix for the Duke game as well as SCe and Homecoming. But, the older I get and the more expensive it gets the less I'm inclined to go.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Same here...(I'm in Cumming, Ga. too!) I take each of my kids separately once a year and then go once a year for golf and LSU (or similar game in even years) with my college buddies...It's actually not a bad routine...RTR!!!
Fortunately, my daughter still likes to go to a couple of games. Trying to get tix for the Duke game as well as SCe and Homecoming. But, the older I get and the more expensive it gets the less I'm inclined to go.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.