SEC Media Day
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SEC Media Day

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

SEC Media Day

Anyone keeping up with it? I'm looking for recaps, interviews, etc on here. I'm at work and we're blocked on lot of sites.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

Re: SEC Media Day

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Anyone keeping up with it? I'm looking for recaps, interviews, etc on here. I'm at work and we're blocked on lot of sites.
    Yeah. Nothing earth shattering just yet.

On a personal note, I had completely forgotten that RichRod was their OC. That game could possibly get tricky. I have to see them the first couple weeks first to have a good feel.

Otherwise, everything is pretty tame. Everybody respects everybody. Kirby was up giving life quotes this morning, (“Life doesn’t have a remote control. You have to get up and change it yourself.”), Fromm respects Tua, Kelly Bryant (from yesterday) wasn’t shocked how the Clemson-Bama game went, he went to Mizzou over AU bc Missouri was the first team to contact him.....

Really nothing to write home about. There’s a separate post here on rule tweaks.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post

On a personal note, I had completely forgotten that RichRod was their OC. That game could possibly get tricky. I have to see them the first couple weeks first to have a good feel.

Otherwise, everything is pretty tame. Everybody respects everybody. Kirby was up giving life quotes this morning, (“Life doesn’t have a remote control. You have to get up and change it yourself.”), Fromm respects Tua, Kelly Bryant (from yesterday) wasn’t shocked how the Clemson-Bama game went, he went to Mizzou over AU bc Missouri was the first team to contact him.....

Really nothing to write home about. There’s a separate post here on rule tweaks.
    Appreciate the quick hit summary of what's going on. As far as Ole Miss, They have a RS freshman QB, Matt Corral. If I'm correct, he is a Pro Style... and I'm curious to see how Rich's offense benefits him with the offense. There is lot of unknown about Ole miss.. They could be real good team, or they could be mediocre team.

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post

Sports guys in Montgomery caught that Bryant mentioned he really wanted to go to Auburn out of high school but didn't. Reason? Jeremy Johnson and Nick Marshall. Hard to think Kelly Bryant and Jeremy Johnson were in the same recruiting class. Seems like JJ has been gone too long for that to be the case.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Sports guys in Montgomery caught that Bryant mentioned he really wanted to go to Auburn out of high school but didn't. Reason? Jeremy Johnson and Nick Marshall. Hard to think Kelly Bryant and Jeremy Johnson were in the same recruiting class. Seems like JJ has been gone too long for that to be the case.
    Was kinda weird ... JJ was in the 2013 class ... KB was 2015. I guess he was trying to say he wanted to be in a better position with playing time?

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAVILLE View Post
    Was kinda weird ... JJ was in the 2013 class ... KB was 2015. I guess he was trying to say he wanted to be in a better position with playing time?
    He didn't specify JJ. I made that observation based on his 247 recruiting profile saying he was in the class of 2013. I didn't think that was right. 2015 makes more sense. If he was serious with his statement yesterday, that means Auburn chose Tyler Queen over him. Ouch.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

BamaNation First Team

Have we ever had zero seniors representing at media days? Was surprised to see all juniors.

Quote Originally Posted by TiderinAZ View Post
    Have we ever had zero seniors representing at media days? Was surprised to see all juniors.
    Definitely a first. And it's usually at least one offensive lineman or defensive lineman. But you have the reigning Maxwell Award Winner (Tua), reigning Biletnikoff Award winner (Jeudy), and a 2018 Butkus Award finalist (Moses) in the group that we have going there.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

LSU's season is destined to be horrible now...

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1150916549970137088

-- Coach Bryant

Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Today’s the day.

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro

BamaNation All-American willie52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    If you can access You Tube they have the recaps on there. Just search SEC Media Days.
    Please stand behind our troops or feel free to stand in front of them.

BamaNation Second Team
    Crystal Cove,which is west of Montgomery on the Alabama River near Prairie Creek Campground.

Haven't watched any of it. But I will tune for Coach Saban at 9:00am(cst) today.

I am more interested in what players has to say today.. usually the answer they provide on who's doing well is the one we should keep eye on.