USAT: Clemson, not Alabama, now face of college football

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
To me the real face of college are the players who toil all year and never play, the walk-ons whose love for the game makes them try to accomplish the near impossible. It is the fans who trek to Tuscaloosa, Baton Rouge, Columbus or Pullman, WS every weekend to support their favorite team. It is the bands, cheerleaders, and all the support staff who make the game on Saturday truly a fall pageant. The media writers are trying to put out pieces or entice clicks so they can get a paycheck. The face of college football is bigger than any one team or coach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
When we blast an opponent by 28 and their fans say the game was close on paper we call that loser talk...now some of us (including some from the team) are saying essentially the same thing.

Clemson beat the snot out of us...regardless of the stats.

Best to use the beating as motivation and not give explanations that are simply statistical excuses.

They whooped us badly and they are currently king of the college football world.

It is what it is.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I will not click on the link, I don't want to give the writer the satisfaction.
This ^^^

Did anyone hear that al.com idiot that said Trevor Lawrence was TWICE as good a QB as Tua was? That is the dumbest thing I believe I've ever heard. About the only QB alive that's twice as good as Tua at this point would be Tom Brady.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
This ^^^

Did anyone hear that al.com idiot that said Trevor Lawrence was TWICE as good a QB as Tua was? That is the dumbest thing I believe I've ever heard. About the only QB alive that's twice as good as Tua at this point would be Tom Brady.
Lol wait, what? when?

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
That is the problem with getting whipped in the last game of the year (or the IB) ... 365 days of gloom, doom, and end of the world. And then, the next season starts where CNS and the next team reminds the chattering chimps who we are. Dabo can't hide behind his poortalking this year. Let him wear the target.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
When we blast an opponent by 28 and their fans say the game was close on paper we call that loser talk...now some of us (including some from the team) are saying essentially the same thing.

Clemson beat the snot out of us...regardless of the stats.

Best to use the beating as motivation and not give explanations that are simply statistical excuses.

They whooped us badly and they are currently king of the college football world.

It is what it is.
I agree with this. While historically we should be considered the best college football program of all time we should NOT make excuses to pad our over inflated egos. Let’s be gracious in defeat and show our pedigree is more than winning...we have the right character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't get the sense that anyone lacks respect for what Clemson managed to do in that game, but Alabama fans and coaches are not going to be focused on what Clemson did. Alabama fans and coaches are going to focus on what Alabama did poorly and needs to improve. We can focus on that without taking anything away from Clemson's performance.

Let's face it - Alabama played poorly in pretty much every phase of the game, but they would still have beat just about any team in the country. Clemson was good enough to take advantage of Alabama's mistakes, and they left no doubt in so doing. But Alabama can learn from it, and they will.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I don't get the sense that anyone lacks respect for what Clemson managed to do in that game, but Alabama fans and coaches are not going to be focused on what Clemson did. Alabama fans and coaches are going to focus on what Alabama did poorly and needs to improve. We can focus on that without taking anything away from Clemson's performance.

Let's face it - Alabama played poorly in pretty much every phase of the game, but they would still have beat just about any team in the country. Clemson was good enough to take advantage of Alabama's mistakes, and they left no doubt in so doing. But Alabama can learn from it, and they will.

Pretty sure I saw a quote where CNS basically said the same thing at least generally.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.