Question: How do you feel about the Running Backs this year?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think K. Robinson and T. Sander will eventually pass B. Robinson at some point this year. This is not a shot at B. Robinson at all.
Thing is - Alabama has at least 4 RBs who would start on almost every college team. That is insane depth at a position that requires insane depth.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I agree - he may be your best RB next year.
I think that's a real possibility. We've only seen him in a small sample but he looks the part IMO.

Najee has a lot of physical tools but I'm not as sold on him as I'd like to be (I worry he lacks vision and he has got to stop the hurdling or he's going to get hurt).

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
History says it doesn't happen but I'm all for having guys break trends. Most of the time the young 'uns need at least one season of learning to do the things they were never asked to do in HS like pass protection and picking up blitzes etc.
A lot of the time the new flavor of the month seems better than the old one but in most cases it is not. As you say, that is not typically how it plays out at Bama under Saban and I don't expect it to happen.

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018
I think we'll be fine but I sure do miss Coach Burns. He may have been our best coach other than coach Saban.

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
I'm a little biased but I hope Chadarius Townsend shows up and shows out.
Yes, especially as a receiving threat out of the backfield. I like our RBs as a group. Not sure what the pecking order will be by mid-season, but I think overall they'll be very productive.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Brian Robinson may be the best running back on the team. And thats not a shot at najee. B rob is criminally undervalued by this fan base
Most of the fan base seems to think that he is great. There have just been guys in front of him who the coaches deemed more ready to play as complete players. Robinson has shown me great power and burst. I think he and Harris will be the best one-two punch in the country even though we haven't seen either of them as a featured back yet. I want to see our line move people and watch these guys run over defenses to break their spirit. I'm looking forward to seeing the balance that we should be able to have this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.