Question: How do you feel about the Running Backs this year?

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Every year we have two high quality running backs. How does the tandem we have this year stack up? (ie. Harris and Robinson)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
We lack real depth like in past years. Harris and Robinson are SEC caliber, behind them I have no clue. This is a drawback to over reliance on the passing game.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Najee is proven, Robinson has looked very good in trash time, but we need a third to emerge. Sanders would seem to have the talent.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Najee is proven, Robinson has looked very good in trash time, but we need a third to emerge. Sanders would seem to have the talent.

When I started this thread I was kind of going back in my mind over past years (the CNS years). I have to be honest...even though I know Najee is really good I feel like we haven’t seen what he is capable of yet. I’m hoping this is the year he shows the world how good he is. I also feel there is another younger back that will come on strong this year.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
How will the offensive line be for the guys? should be a top 4 O-line in the country I do believe and that paired with the talent of Najee, Sanders and Robinson should be just fine I would imagine. The receivers and Tua will also help spread a defense out and give the run game even more success

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
RBs: We will be juuuuuuust fine. The order off the sideline may not be what many expect. I've heard great things. We're gonna be fine.

re: the question about the OL, we're just about set at every position except C. That'll get squared away in fall camp.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
If the O-Line Run Blocking can even remotely improve and get somewhere close to the 2008-2012 performance standard then I feel great about the RB's.

Najee and BRob will probably be 1A and 1B and Jmo but I think Brian Robinson *could* break out bigtime and become the main Alpha. He has that extra 'Take it to the House' gear that Najee is missing.

I keep hearing that Jerome Ford might fill part of the void left by Josh Jacobs.....

Don't forget about Slade Bolden either.... He could get some looks in a Percy Harvin type role.

Then we have Trey Sanders (#1 RB 2019) and Keilan Robinson (#5 APB 2019) coming in...... Should be interesting to see who plays and who Redshirts.

I think we'll be fine :cool2:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think K. Robinson had knee surgery and last thing I saw on him suggests he's probably a RS this year. Might be good to put a year in between him and Sanders anyway.

I think Najee is great, but I think we're going to be just as impressed with Robinson as the year wears on.

He would have probably started the last two years at almost any other SEC school. He's got some fresh tires and I think he has a huge year!!!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
One other thing on Najee. I hope the coaches "ban" his tendency to want to "jump" would-be tacklers.

It looks cool and all when he does it, but I think it's an injury waiting to happen.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I think K. Robinson had knee surgery and last thing I saw on him suggests he's probably a RS this year. Might be good to put a year in between him and Sanders anyway.

I think Najee is great, but I think we're going to be just as impressed with Robinson as the year wears on.

He would have probably started the last two years at almost any other SEC school. He's got some fresh tires and I think he has a huge year!!!
Keilan will play. A lot

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think K. Robinson and T. Sander will eventually pass B. Robinson at some point this year. This is not a shot at B. Robinson at all.
History says it doesn't happen but I'm all for having guys break trends. Most of the time the young 'uns need at least one season of learning to do the things they were never asked to do in HS like pass protection and picking up blitzes etc.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.