2021 Prospect: **** 4* QB Drake Maye Commits to Alabama **** - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BamaNation All-American

Re: **** 4* QB Drake Maye Commits to Alabama ****

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    This is why it's hard to get excited about guys committing any time before the spring of their junior year.
    I agree. Other than just general interest, I think early commitments have little, if any, significance.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Re: **** 4* QB Drake Maye Commits to Alabama ****

First, I keep seing "if Tua stays another year" and I think why??? Why would he turn down being a high first round pick (maybe #1)??? He's not coming back, y'all.

The other "observation" is I think EVERYTHING has changed in CNS's mind regarding the recruiting of QBs. He made a huge jump going with Jalen and now that he's seen what a "gifted" passing QB can do surrounded by Bama talent (think 4 first-round receivers) on the field at the same time and we are not going back to guys like GMac and AJ.

The future is we are going to be an elite offensive team and "good enough" on defense to win NCs. This is what I truly believe we'll see the final few years of CNS at Bama. No, Bryce Young will not be Tua, but he's also not GMac or AJ either and he's more like the former than the latter.