CBS Blackout on Directv...Hope this is resolved soon - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American bamamc1's Avatar

Re: CBS Blackout on Directv...Hope this is resolved soon

Quote Originally Posted by TiderMan View Post
    Bama's opener with Duke will be on ABC

Bama's first game on CBS will be vs So Carolina on Sept. 14th.
    Does anyone else get a sick feeling about this game? Itís like having a new Bentley and wrecking it the next day. Lord I hope we can get out of there with a W.

BamaNation All-SEC STONECOLDSABAN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    Does anyone else get a sick feeling about this game? It’s like having a new Bentley and wrecking it the next day. Lord I hope we can get out of there with a W.
    Nope
    ALABAMA FOOTBALL RULES AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE BECAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!!!!!!!!!

The fighting is escalating.....
    "May the Tide Be with You"

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamamoss2 View Post
    I believe a read over the weekend that ATT and CBS are in in discussions for major markets like LA, NY and not just Directv. It will now include Uverse, DIRECTV NOW. ATT is "bowing and up" and not taking the price for local over the air fees by broadcasters without a fight. Course, ATT is a greedy bunch of slimes as well.
    You do know AT&T owns DTV right?

This crap always gets settled. There is no way DTV lets it get to the point where the Birmingham market is blacked out on the first Saturday of football season, Bama or no Bama until we do show up on CBS. It would hurt BOTH folks, the Birmingham CBS and DTV.
    I need you out there slinging coconuts and pineapples!

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    You do know AT&T owns DTV right?

This crap always gets settled. There is no way DTV lets it get to the point where the Birmingham market is blacked out on the first Saturday of football season, Bama or no Bama until we do show up on CBS. It would hurt BOTH folks, the Birmingham CBS and DTV.
    Yes, 230KV, I do know that ATT owns DTV. Originally, the blackouts were just the Nextar stations like channel 42 in BHM on satellite service by DirecTv. The dispute over the pricing has now spread to include ATT service provided by their Uverse and DirectvNow over the internet.

My issue is I am not in BHM with options many people have. I am far out in the county of Cullman in a hole with nothing but satellite service that works. I am not crazy about swapping time to time from DTV and DISH, but I may have to if they keep playing hard ball beyond September 14.

I hope it hurts both of them and I hope the FCC gets more active in the battle, but do not expect them to do much.

I went to my former neighbor's house (in assisted living now) and set up an antenna for them. I know not everyone is in range, but remember you can use plain old rabbit ears and just about any modern TV to get a channel like CBS.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Second Team TraskiTideFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    I went to my former neighbor's house (in assisted living now) and set up an antenna for them. I know not everyone is in range, but remember you can use plain old rabbit ears and just about any modern TV to get a channel like CBS.
    I wish that were the case, but having been in the business for sometime, Off Air stations are not quite that convenient in the rural Southeast. It can be so odd as your next door neighbor just happens to live in that one spot and gets everything over the air possible and you can have the same rig next door and not get anything but the local PBS when you live out in the sticks.

I hope your neighbor's a Bama fan!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TraskiTideFan View Post
    I wish that were the case, but having been in the business for sometime, Off Air stations are not quite that convenient in the rural Southeast. It can be so odd as your next door neighbor just happens to live in that one spot and gets everything over the air possible and you can have the same rig next door and not get anything but the local PBS when you live out in the sticks.
    Last edited by The Ols; July 24th, 2019 at 12:43 PM.

BamaNation Second Team TraskiTideFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    I hope you neighbor's a Bama fan!!!
    God has a sense of humor. I have been stuck in West TN for almost 25 years now. Fortunately when I can't make the trip back home on Game Day, I found the Tuscaloosa 102.9FM radio app for the game broadcast. I am old school that way. LOL

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

I'm a Uverse subscriber and have been without NBC for about a month...had to watch The Open delayed on The Golf Channel. I wish there were some way to get these folks' attention...we're just pawns in their hands.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

Rural areas are completely different, agreed.

There's also some issues with horrible tuners (and of course antennas matter). For instance the people I set the antenna up for used a Samsung, and it's a recent model, very nice TV but it had the worst digital tuner I've seen. It would only get a handful of channels while other tuners in the area would get several times that.

Amazon recast has a nice feature in that regard. You can set it up anywhere (in wifi range) and you will get the stream via a firestick or other compatible device. So I can get some channels with that I can't get downstairs, but if you're in a rural area there might not be much you can do...
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

So true. Such is the case where I live. Roll Tide! I will figure a way to see the games, however.

BamaNation Scout Team

I cut my cord. I miss the Braves but I now go to sleep so early that it really does not matter. But for Bama games, now that I m not going, its a bar-- but screw those 8pm games