CBS Blackout on Directv...Hope this is resolved soon - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: CBS Blackout on Directv...Hope this is resolved soon

I have u-verse at home and direct at the lake. I will change to dish at the lake if it is not settled by August 15th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    Rural areas are completely different, agreed.

There's also some issues with horrible tuners (and of course antennas matter). For instance the people I set the antenna up for used a Samsung, and it's a recent model, very nice TV but it had the worst digital tuner I've seen. It would only get a handful of channels while other tuners in the area would get several times that.

Amazon recast has a nice feature in that regard. You can set it up anywhere (in wifi range) and you will get the stream via a firestick or other compatible device. So I can get some channels with that I can't get downstairs, but if you're in a rural area there might not be much you can do...
    Just purchased me a recast and an indoor amplified antennae. Nice having local channels again and I can pause and rewind the news.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

We cut off our DTV a month ago, switching to Hulu Live TV. Absolutely zero regrets.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    We cut off our DTV a month ago, switching to Hulu Live TV. Absolutely zero regrets.
    Same here. I will never go back to cable. I love the flexabilty to add HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax binge what I want to watch and cancel.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Just switched off of DTV today. We wonít be going back.

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro

BamaNation Second Team

[QUOTE=Jessica4Bama;3425071]I didn't know anything about a blackout on CBS. I have Directv and my CBS works. Now Fox doesn't. I missed the World Cup and the all-star game because of it. It's been going on since July 3. But this is the first I heard of CBS.[/QUOTEc
    Luckily, I bought equipment to get local channels over the air a few months back. I use and old e sata hard drive for my dvr and have been able to watch/record Fox programming when I need to. When a limb knocked out my fiber drop I was able to at least watch OTA channels until they ran a new fiber drop.

Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

I think I'll be doing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    Just purchased me a recast and an indoor amplified antennae. Nice having local channels again and I can pause and rewind the news.

BamaNation Scout Team

I called AT&T and complained and they took $10.00 off the bill for this month. I know $10.00 is a drop in the bucket to them but if enough people called in and complained they would soon take notice. I also told them if it was not taken care of by the end of August I was changing network. So call AT&T and cause them some problems.
    Ben There

BamaNation Hall of Fame 2003TIDE's Avatar

Went to Roku and YoutubeTV in May. Zero regrets so far. DVR is a little weird, but other than that the service is flawless.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    Went to Roku and YoutubeTV in May. Zero regrets so far. DVR is a little weird, but other than that the service is flawless.
    I have had YouTubeTV for about a year. The DVR is definitely weird and I struggle with how it selects programs to display on my home screen. I singularly do not like the way it continues on a program when I am navigating to a different program. Navigation is a bit puzzling to me but then again I am not a gamer. I have had YouTube on my Roku for years and can see some of the good and bad from YouTube that Google built into TV. I believe Google could do a lot more with YouTube and the TV product. Overall however, it has proven to be a very dependable service.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 2003TIDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UAH View Post
    I have had YouTubeTV for about a year. The DVR is definitely weird and I struggle with how it selects programs to display on my home screen. I singularly do not like the way it continues on a program when I am navigating to a different program. Navigation is a bit puzzling to me but then again I am not a gamer. I have had YouTube on my Roku for years and can see some of the good and bad from YouTube that Google built into TV. I believe Google could do a lot more with YouTube and the TV product. Overall however, it has proven to be a very dependable service.
    Agreed. For the picture quality at this price, I can get past the oddities.

BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    Ive been trying out different services this summer. Donít care for Sling. Liked Direct TV Now but they jacked up my rate when the restructured their options in the spring ($35.00 to $93.00). For the sports, YouTube tv was by far the best. Plus it has all of the locals which my wife liked. Going to sign up during football season. Hulu Live in the Bíham area doesnít have the local ABC affiliate so I would miss games Iíd want to watch. Youíre right about the DVR. Itís not user friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

Really liked Hulu Live too. My only knock against Hulu Live was it didnít have 33/40 which means Iíd miss some games Iíd like to watch. Iím sure I could log into ESPN app and watch it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk