CBS Blackout on Directv...Hope this is resolved soon - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 56
  1. #40
    BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Posts
    2,739

    Re: CBS Blackout on Directv...Hope this is resolved soon

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_There View Post
    I called AT&T and complained and they took $10.00 off the bill for this month. I know $10.00 is a drop in the bucket to them but if enough people called in and complained they would soon take notice. I also told them if it was not taken care of by the end of August I was changing network. So call AT&T and cause them some problems.
    I did the same and received the same...also the rep I talked with said he was figuring this weekend they would get the contracts worked out. I am sure they don't want to go into the fall without NFL or NCAA football...
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

  2. #41
    BamaNation Second Team GboyBama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    61

    Re: CBS Blackout on Directv...Hope this is resolved soon

    Think I'm gonna cancel Dish and switch to Hulu with all the options. That is, if I'm not stuck on a 2 year contract I don't remember agreeing to.
    Last edited by GboyBama; August 3rd, 2019 at 08:39 AM.

  3. #42
    BamaNation All-SEC 78Alum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Alabaster, AL
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: CBS Blackout on Directv...Hope this is resolved soon

    This is getting (or rather is getting even more) ridiculous. I would change from Directv but other providers have gone through this previously... It may be time to cut out all these services and go to over the air. The only thing holding me up has been keeping Directv to having it for my motorhome. Time to rethink.

  4. #43
    BamaNation All-SEC cindym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    saraland, al
    Posts
    1,096

    Re: CBS Blackout on Directv...Hope this is resolved soon

    We had u -verse and we have quickly found out existing customers mean not so much to them
    At all ! They wouldnt put our bill back to within our budget and told us farewell so were cutting the cord and will prob go with you tube

  5. #44
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    S.A., TX, USA
    Posts
    5,923

    Re: CBS Blackout on Directv...Hope this is resolved soon

    Quote Originally Posted by cindym View Post
    We had u -verse and we have quickly found out existing customers mean not so much to them
    At all ! They wouldnt put our bill back to within our budget and told us farewell so were cutting the cord and will prob go with you tube
    I thought about all the streaming services that are up and running and up and coming. Iím wondering when the point will come that we are paying the same we are now for multiple streaming services to get want to watch.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR!

  6. #45
    BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Posts
    2,739

    Re: CBS Blackout on Directv...Hope this is resolved soon

    Quote Originally Posted by cindym View Post
    We had u -verse and we have quickly found out existing customers mean not so much to them
    At all ! They wouldnt put our bill back to within our budget and told us farewell so were cutting the cord and will prob go with you tube
    When my contract was up in the spring I called and indicated I was going to make a change. They dropped my bill $40 per month. Not sure what your budget is, but try again...good article in the WSJ about how "customer service" has changed to where computers analyze even your tone of voice to determine who to assign you to and whether or not to give more discounts. I've known of people who were in the process of changing when they received a call from AT&T to meet their price.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

  7. #46
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,601

    Re: CBS Blackout on Directv...Hope this is resolved soon

    Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    When my contract was up in the spring I called and indicated I was going to make a change. They dropped my bill $40 per month. Not sure what your budget is, but try again...good article in the WSJ about how "customer service" has changed to where computers analyze even your tone of voice to determine who to assign you to and whether or not to give more discounts. I've known of people who were in the process of changing when they received a call from AT&T to meet their price.
    I was with Direct TV close to 10 years. Always paid on time, ordered extra stuff like UFC pay per views etc. Every year they would give me a discount but didn't this year when my promotion ended. They cancelled my account on request without offering any deals for me to stay. Switched to YouTube TV and never looked back. YTTV is so far ahead, technologically, compared to anything AT&T/DirectTV or any cable provider has to offer..

  8. #47
    BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    4,211

    Re: CBS Blackout on Directv...Hope this is resolved soon

    YTTV +1!

    I love it and Iíve tried most of the other big name OTT services, DirecTV Now, PS Vue, Hulu LiveTV and Sling TV. YTTV is the best IMO. Their cloud DVR is great and also the best of the OTT services. Unlimited storage and your recordings are saved for 9 months, if it re-airs on any channel the 9 month clock resets. I currently have every Braves game from this year on my YTTV DVR! Not because I rewatch them much but just because I can.

  9. #48
    Suspended JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Posts
    41,685

    Re: CBS Blackout on Directv...Hope this is resolved soon

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    I was with Direct TV close to 10 years. Always paid on time, ordered extra stuff like UFC pay per views etc. Every year they would give me a discount but didn't this year when my promotion ended. They cancelled my account on request without offering any deals for me to stay. Switched to YouTube TV and never looked back. YTTV is so far ahead, technologically, compared to anything AT&T/DirectTV or any cable provider has to offer..
    How much is it a month?


    Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro

  10. #49
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    franklin, tennessee, usa
    Posts
    2,737

    Re: CBS Blackout on Directv...Hope this is resolved soon

    I really want to give YTTV a try. Our DTV bill is ridiculous and bloated with a bunch of channels we never watch to get the two dozen or so that we do. Right now, we are paying for the convenience so my wife, who (reasonably) just wants to either enter a channel number (or push channel up) to access shows, look at one grid to see what is on, and occasionally record something. That's it - not 18,000 channels, not 4K, not music channels.... Just convenience. Right now our ABC affiliate (Nexstar) is off line in a dispute with AT&T. We can still see it over the air. She has learned to make that switch. She prefers to listen to Pandora rather than DTV music channels, and has learned how to do that. Without meaning to, ATT is teaching my wife that it is really NOT that hard to switch between service providers to see shows she wants to watch.

    I get that the costs of various services (plus DVR capability) can run into money, I don't think it can get to the level ATT is charging me for DTV any time soon. As soon as I can, they are fired.

    Just to get this back to the football board theme, has anyone had trouble seeing Alabama games on YTTV + over-the-air?
    Roll Tide

  11. #50
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,601

    Re: CBS Blackout on Directv...Hope this is resolved soon

    Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    How much is it a month?


    Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Right now it's $49.99 per month plus tax. No hidden fees, no hardware costs and no contracts. Sometimes they run a week or two week free trial. Should at least try it out for free if you're considering it..

  12. #51
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,601

    Re: CBS Blackout on Directv...Hope this is resolved soon

    Quote Originally Posted by uaintn View Post
    I really want to give YTTV a try. Our DTV bill is ridiculous and bloated with a bunch of channels we never watch to get the two dozen or so that we do. Right now, we are paying for the convenience so my wife, who (reasonably) just wants to either enter a channel number (or push channel up) to access shows, look at one grid to see what is on, and occasionally record something. That's it - not 18,000 channels, not 4K, not music channels.... Just convenience. Right now our ABC affiliate (Nexstar) is off line in a dispute with AT&T. We can still see it over the air. She has learned to make that switch. She prefers to listen to Pandora rather than DTV music channels, and has learned how to do that. Without meaning to, ATT is teaching my wife that it is really NOT that hard to switch between service providers to see shows she wants to watch.

    I get that the costs of various services (plus DVR capability) can run into money, I don't think it can get to the level ATT is charging me for DTV any time soon. As soon as I can, they are fired.

    Just to get this back to the football board theme, has anyone had trouble seeing Alabama games on YTTV + over-the-air?
    You cannot enter a channel number but otherwise the interface for YTTV is basically the same as the DTV guide. Should have no problems watching all of the Alabama games which will be on CBS or ESPN. YTTV has just about every sports channel imaginable except NFL redzone..

  13. #52
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brewton
    Posts
    7,551

    Re: CBS Blackout on Directv...Hope this is resolved soon

    I quit DTV a few years ago, went to cable for a couple of years and now I have Dish. We're currently without our local Fox station and a week or so ago, Dish and Disney started fighting about the Fox regional sports channels and Dish dropped them all. I've gone from seeing any Braves game I want to hoping to see them on ESPN occasionally. Read a story quoting the Dish CEO stating that the regional sports spat is probably going to be a permanent cancellation.
    Lee

    "A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear