CBS Blackout on Directv...Hope this is resolved soon

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I didn't know anything about a blackout on CBS. I have Directv and my CBS works. Now Fox doesn't. I missed the World Cup and the all-star game because of it. It's been going on since July 3. But this is the first I heard of CBS.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Canceled my Direct Tv just a week ago. Told me in Alabama they don't do partial months and I would have to wait till the 5th of August for cut off date. Missing two local channels.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
I think it's just in the Birmingham Market. That CBS is blacked out. I have HULU and an antenna. I'm good.
I believe a read over the weekend that ATT and CBS are in in discussions for major markets like LA, NY and not just Directv. It will now include Uverse, DIRECTV NOW. ATT is "bowing and up" and not taking the price for local over the air fees by broadcasters without a fight. Course, ATT is a greedy bunch of slimes as well.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Bama's opener with Duke will be on ABC

Bama's first game on CBS will be vs So Carolina on Sept. 14th.
Does anyone else get a sick feeling about this game? It’s like having a new Bentley and wrecking it the next day. Lord I hope we can get out of there with a W.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I believe a read over the weekend that ATT and CBS are in in discussions for major markets like LA, NY and not just Directv. It will now include Uverse, DIRECTV NOW. ATT is "bowing and up" and not taking the price for local over the air fees by broadcasters without a fight. Course, ATT is a greedy bunch of slimes as well.
You do know AT&T owns DTV right?

This crap always gets settled. There is no way DTV lets it get to the point where the Birmingham market is blacked out on the first Saturday of football season, Bama or no Bama until we do show up on CBS. It would hurt BOTH folks, the Birmingham CBS and DTV.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
You do know AT&T owns DTV right?

This crap always gets settled. There is no way DTV lets it get to the point where the Birmingham market is blacked out on the first Saturday of football season, Bama or no Bama until we do show up on CBS. It would hurt BOTH folks, the Birmingham CBS and DTV.
Yes, 230KV, I do know that ATT owns DTV. Originally, the blackouts were just the Nextar stations like channel 42 in BHM on satellite service by DirecTv. The dispute over the pricing has now spread to include ATT service provided by their Uverse and DirectvNow over the internet.

My issue is I am not in BHM with options many people have. I am far out in the county of Cullman in a hole with nothing but satellite service that works. I am not crazy about swapping time to time from DTV and DISH, but I may have to if they keep playing hard ball beyond September 14.

I hope it hurts both of them and I hope the FCC gets more active in the battle, but do not expect them to do much.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I went to my former neighbor's house (in assisted living now) and set up an antenna for them. I know not everyone is in range, but remember you can use plain old rabbit ears and just about any modern TV to get a channel like CBS.

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
I went to my former neighbor's house (in assisted living now) and set up an antenna for them. I know not everyone is in range, but remember you can use plain old rabbit ears and just about any modern TV to get a channel like CBS.
I wish that were the case, but having been in the business for sometime, Off Air stations are not quite that convenient in the rural Southeast. It can be so odd as your next door neighbor just happens to live in that one spot and gets everything over the air possible and you can have the same rig next door and not get anything but the local PBS when you live out in the sticks.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.