CBS Blackout on Directv...Hope this is resolved soon

GboyBama

3rd Team
May 7, 2010
Mobile, AL
Think I'm gonna cancel Dish and switch to Hulu with all the options. That is, if I'm not stuck on a 2 year contract I don't remember agreeing to.

Last edited:

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
This is getting (or rather is getting even more) ridiculous. I would change from Directv but other providers have gone through this previously... It may be time to cut out all these services and go to over the air. The only thing holding me up has been keeping Directv to having it for my motorhome. Time to rethink.

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
We had u -verse and we have quickly found out existing customers mean not so much to them
At all ! They wouldnt put our bill back to within our budget and told us farewell so were cutting the cord and will prob go with you tube ;)

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
We had u -verse and we have quickly found out existing customers mean not so much to them
At all ! They wouldnt put our bill back to within our budget and told us farewell so were cutting the cord and will prob go with you tube ;)
I thought about all the streaming services that are up and running and up and coming. I’m wondering when the point will come that we are paying the same we are now for multiple streaming services to get want to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
When my contract was up in the spring I called and indicated I was going to make a change. They dropped my bill $40 per month. Not sure what your budget is, but try again...good article in the WSJ about how "customer service" has changed to where computers analyze even your tone of voice to determine who to assign you to and whether or not to give more discounts. I've known of people who were in the process of changing when they received a call from AT&T to meet their price.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
When my contract was up in the spring I called and indicated I was going to make a change. They dropped my bill $40 per month. Not sure what your budget is, but try again...good article in the WSJ about how "customer service" has changed to where computers analyze even your tone of voice to determine who to assign you to and whether or not to give more discounts. I've known of people who were in the process of changing when they received a call from AT&T to meet their price.
I was with Direct TV close to 10 years. Always paid on time, ordered extra stuff like UFC pay per views etc. Every year they would give me a discount but didn't this year when my promotion ended. They cancelled my account on request without offering any deals for me to stay. Switched to YouTube TV and never looked back. YTTV is so far ahead, technologically, compared to anything AT&T/DirectTV or any cable provider has to offer..

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
YTTV +1!

I love it and I’ve tried most of the other big name OTT services, DirecTV Now, PS Vue, Hulu LiveTV and Sling TV. YTTV is the best IMO. Their cloud DVR is great and also the best of the OTT services. Unlimited storage and your recordings are saved for 9 months, if it re-airs on any channel the 9 month clock resets. I currently have every Braves game from this year on my YTTV DVR! Not because I rewatch them much but just because I can.

I was with Direct TV close to 10 years. Always paid on time, ordered extra stuff like UFC pay per views etc. Every year they would give me a discount but didn't this year when my promotion ended. They cancelled my account on request without offering any deals for me to stay. Switched to YouTube TV and never looked back. YTTV is so far ahead, technologically, compared to anything AT&T/DirectTV or any cable provider has to offer..
How much is it a month?

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I really want to give YTTV a try. Our DTV bill is ridiculous and bloated with a bunch of channels we never watch to get the two dozen or so that we do. Right now, we are paying for the convenience so my wife, who (reasonably) just wants to either enter a channel number (or push channel up) to access shows, look at one grid to see what is on, and occasionally record something. That's it - not 18,000 channels, not 4K, not music channels.... Just convenience. Right now our ABC affiliate (Nexstar) is off line in a dispute with AT&T. We can still see it over the air. She has learned to make that switch. She prefers to listen to Pandora rather than DTV music channels, and has learned how to do that. Without meaning to, ATT is teaching my wife that it is really NOT that hard to switch between service providers to see shows she wants to watch.

I get that the costs of various services (plus DVR capability) can run into money, I don't think it can get to the level ATT is charging me for DTV any time soon. As soon as I can, they are fired.

Just to get this back to the football board theme, has anyone had trouble seeing Alabama games on YTTV + over-the-air?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
How much is it a month?

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro
Right now it's $49.99 per month plus tax. No hidden fees, no hardware costs and no contracts. Sometimes they run a week or two week free trial. Should at least try it out for free if you're considering it..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I really want to give YTTV a try. Our DTV bill is ridiculous and bloated with a bunch of channels we never watch to get the two dozen or so that we do. Right now, we are paying for the convenience so my wife, who (reasonably) just wants to either enter a channel number (or push channel up) to access shows, look at one grid to see what is on, and occasionally record something. That's it - not 18,000 channels, not 4K, not music channels.... Just convenience. Right now our ABC affiliate (Nexstar) is off line in a dispute with AT&T. We can still see it over the air. She has learned to make that switch. She prefers to listen to Pandora rather than DTV music channels, and has learned how to do that. Without meaning to, ATT is teaching my wife that it is really NOT that hard to switch between service providers to see shows she wants to watch.

I get that the costs of various services (plus DVR capability) can run into money, I don't think it can get to the level ATT is charging me for DTV any time soon. As soon as I can, they are fired.

Just to get this back to the football board theme, has anyone had trouble seeing Alabama games on YTTV + over-the-air?
You cannot enter a channel number but otherwise the interface for YTTV is basically the same as the DTV guide. Should have no problems watching all of the Alabama games which will be on CBS or ESPN. YTTV has just about every sports channel imaginable except NFL redzone..

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I quit DTV a few years ago, went to cable for a couple of years and now I have Dish. We're currently without our local Fox station and a week or so ago, Dish and Disney started fighting about the Fox regional sports channels and Dish dropped them all. I've gone from seeing any Braves game I want to hoping to see them on ESPN occasionally. Read a story quoting the Dish CEO stating that the regional sports spat is probably going to be a permanent cancellation.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Telco-OTT (Over-The-Top) is where a telecommunications service provider delivers one or more services across an IP network. The IP networks is predominantly the public internet although sometimes telco-run cloud services delivered via a corporation's existing IP-VPN from another provider, as opposed to the carrier's own access network.[SUP][1][/SUP] It embraces a variety of telco services including communications (e.g. voice and messaging), content (e.g. TV and music) and cloud-based (e.g. compute and storage) offerings.[SUP][2][/SUP]

What is OTT?

Ben_There

Aug 23, 2001
Pinson, Al USA
I called both dish network and att&t yesterday and the ATT&T representative said that they were trying to work it out but CBS was wanting to push their app for smart tv's and phones and it was cbs.com and the cost was $10.00 a month. He could not give me an answer about when this problem would be worked out. On the other hand Dish network said they had CBS and also they could be out the next day to install the equipment at no charge. Also the cost was $32.00 a month cheaper than Uverse. I do not want to change from Uverse to a dish but it this problem with ATT&T is not solved in two weeks, I will be changing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.