LSU's New Locker Room Innovations

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I like the open look. Not seeing where they will hang their uniforms or store their pads. I don't care for the "sleeper" design. I think that I would have preferred a recliner type design to this for a power nap. And that purple - marginally better than orange. :D

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I like the open look. Not seeing where they will hang their uniforms or store their pads. I don't care for the "sleeper" design. I think that I would have preferred a recliner type design to this for a power nap. And that purple - marginally better than orange. :D
I am with you B1GTIde on having a recliner instead of the other design. I also found myself wondering where the shoulder pads would be placed the whole time so they could air out. Unless the storage was big enough underneath the chairs that could be a problem. I would like to think that they just didn’t show that to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Innovative, I guess. Not all innovations are great. It looks nice. Otherwise.. meh.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I would be interested in seeing how destroyed it is after 1 season. Doesn't look very functional. Flashy, yes. Enduring functionality, not so much. I do like the fact that they're trying something that appears to not have been done before. I would HATE trying to take a nap in an open space like that. Even my 19yo self wouldn't like it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I always wanted to go take a nap in the locker room. Yeah, cutting edge stuff here.
Dan Wolken had a similar comment last night on Twitter. He was quickly bombarded with former players saying they actually did sleep in the locker room more than you would think.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Dan Wolken had a similar comment last night on Twitter. He was quickly bombarded with former players saying they actually did sleep in the locker room more than you would think.
Even in high school we would eat the pre-game meal and then go to an area of the school and take a nap before the game and wake up, go to the locker room to dress out. Fed and rested before a game is important.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I would be interested in seeing how destroyed it is after 1 season. Doesn't look very functional. Flashy, yes. Enduring functionality, not so much. I do like the fact that they're trying something that appears to not have been done before. I would HATE trying to take a nap in an open space like that. Even my 19yo self wouldn't like it.
I guess it's better than napping on a bare bench (if you have to nap) but it doesn't look very comfortable.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Rather appropriate they can lay down which is usually what they do every other November when we play them in the Red Stick.

All we need do now is throw dirt over them.

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018
Even in high school we would eat the pre-game meal and then go to an area of the school and take a nap before the game and wake up, go to the locker room to dress out. Fed and rested before a game is important.
We used to lay around the gym on pads. I don't think there was a lot of sleeping going on.

We won one of the biggest games in school history against a much bigger school with several players who went on to SEC teams on THEIR home field because somebody snuck in a gallon jug of some kind of brandy. More than half the team was drunk and several threw up on the sidelines but would go back in to play. It was hilarious.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.