Alabama: Latest Bama News 7/22/2019 Thru 4728/2019

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Stealing from CA and others...Full Banjeaux!!! Take care of your bride, we'll be here when you get back...promise!!!
Thanks for all the kindness, good wishes and Prayers. His diagnosis was officially confirmed yesterday, but he started her on femara Tuesday. The AFIB and swelling of her leg(which has gone down) and the fluid on her lung was her bodies response to the cancer. She has had 2 biopsies, Lung tissue, through her back, and Thoracentesis through her chest, to take the fluid off her lung, 450cc, no wonder she had trouble breathing. We blamed it on asthma, which has, thank you radiation, which did save her life, but also caused her to have a heart attack, and a stent, all due to scarring. She had 4 ct scans also. 6 x-rays, 3 ekg's, heart ultra sound, and on a heart monitor and IV for 4 days. Oh and all the blood work. What a trooper! The nursing staff said they all liked coming to her room, as she was uncomplaining and complete cooperation, except Tuesday night, when they took her to MRI, and after about 12 or 15 minutes she had them take her out. She had had enough! Dr. Montes said there was good enough imaging to confirm she had a brain, and with no anomalies no less. He's funny and upbeat like that, and ruled out Brain cancer. She's weak and my son and I are doing the chores. She can't drive for a few weeks.
I'll start a new thread Monday, if things go OK with her. It won't prolific, on the SEC and salient football, but I will cover Bama, but I have a job now that takes precedence and of course Nancy priorities come first, I know y'all understand. Roll Tide!

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Thanks for the update Albert. Still on full pray hoping things get back to normal for you guys. Sounds like you all have been through the wringer.

Islander

1st Team
Jul 18, 2008
Hoover or Dauphin Island
My wife is 14 years out from breast cancer and took femara for 5 years. She has very little hair and the worst side effect is arthritis. She has had two hip and one knee replacements. Her oncologist told her up front about the arthritis. We have discussed this in light of Nancy’s recurrence and she says she would take it again if the same circumstances occurred with her. Our life is more difficult because of the arthritis, but we still have each other! Prayers will continue for you both!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Thanks for all the kindness, good wishes and Prayers. His diagnosis was officially confirmed yesterday, but he started her on femara Tuesday. The AFIB and swelling of her leg(which has gone down) and the fluid on her lung was her bodies response to the cancer. She has had 2 biopsies, Lung tissue, through her back, and Thoracentesis through her chest, to take the fluid off her lung, 450cc, no wonder she had trouble breathing. We blamed it on asthma, which has, thank you radiation, which did save her life, but also caused her to have a heart attack, and a stent, all due to scarring. She had 4 ct scans also. 6 x-rays, 3 ekg's, heart ultra sound, and on a heart monitor and IV for 4 days. Oh and all the blood work. What a trooper! The nursing staff said they all liked coming to her room, as she was uncomplaining and complete cooperation, except Tuesday night, when they took her to MRI, and after about 12 or 15 minutes she had them take her out. She had had enough! Dr. Montes said there was good enough imaging to confirm she had a brain, and with no anomalies no less. He's funny and upbeat like that, and ruled out Brain cancer. She's weak and my son and I are doing the chores. She can't drive for a few weeks.
I'll start a new thread Monday, if things go OK with her. It won't prolific, on the SEC and salient football, but I will cover Bama, but I have a job now that takes precedence and of course Nancy priorities come first, I know y'all understand. Roll Tide!
thank you for the updates and god's peace to your son, nancy, and you, albert.

Last edited:

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018
Thank everyone for the Prayers and good wishes. And thanks for the links, you have provided forTLBN! From my e-mail, it overflows.

Not trying to fill this up with fluff, but your links keep me up to date. I can't even find all of the articles that you post. This is my go to. Thank you

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.